We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heron Island end of march?

Erlangen
Level Contributor
91 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Heron Island end of march?

Hi,

is it a good idea to go to Heron Island last week of march? Whats about the weather and the stingers?

Or any other suggestions for a relaxing week with swimming and snorkelling for this time, where the weather is good?

best regards,

bima

Erlangen
Level Contributor
91 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heron Island end of march?

And one more question ... is the boat transfer extreme bumpy all the time, also when the weather is fine? I get seasick easily, but I always take tablets in advance. I cannot use the helicopter, because I have all my luggage with me (I'm a overseas traveller).

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heron Island end of march?

just coming towards the end of the wet season so u have a chance of good weather. still stinger season altho being that far out to sea chance are pretty slim of encountering any box jelly fish. Irukandji are still a possibility so take advice from the locals and wear a stinger suit if required.

the trip out can be really rough. however it's hard to predict. march is not a particularly windy time but ocean swells can come from weather systems thousands of miles away

3. Re: Heron Island end of march?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 04:15