We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motor home - one way rentals

Beverley, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Motor home - one way rentals

I am looking at ideas for my family trip next May. I am arriving in Sydney staying with family for 7 days then all of us are flying to the Whit Sundays to spend 3 nights on a boat sailing around the islands. After this my brother and his family will fly back home to Sydney. This is were i need some assistance I am looking to drive down from Whit Sundays to Sydney in a Motor home however I cannot find any company that does pick up from there! The nearest is Cairns which is obviously a good distance away.

Does anyone know of any company which rents 6 berth motor homes collect from Whit Sunday or near and drop off in Sydney 10 days later?

Thanks in advance.

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motor home - one way rentals

Hi Choco, unfortunately its not going to happen. The only alternative is to make your way to Brisbane and hire from there

2. Re: Motor home - one way rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 12:46
Whitsundays
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Motor home - one way rentals

Hi,

One way rentals are not all that common here I'm afraid. You could try Fun Rentals though, they are the agent for Wicked Campers and they may have something since Wicked is a national operator.

Good luck, and do let us know if you are successful!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,556 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motor home - one way rentals

Campervan one way rental www.drivenow.com.au

Distance calculator www.auinfo.com

Campervan sites www.goseeaustralia.com.au

www.australia.com

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,079 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motor home - one way rentals

DO NOT hire with wicked

Search here for any info re their reliability etc

Standard car hire is proabbaly your best option with motel stays

6. Re: Motor home - one way rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Whitsunday Islands