We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Whitsunday or Cruise?

Tauranga, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Whitsunday or Cruise?

Hi Team,

TripAdvisor has been a wealth of information in the past so thought it would be best to ask a question here for once too.

I am in charge of the honeymoon for my partner and I as she is doing the bulk of the wedding organizing :)

Can I please have advice/opinions on potential locations/resorts that would be a suitable Honeymoon location for us?

Here are some details:

We are getting married Feb 2015, so anytime after that

I'm 29, she is 25 and we have a 6 month old (will be 18months+ at honeymoon time and coming with us)

Saving for a house, so also budget conscious

Duration from 7 to maybe 12 days long (flexible)

So was thinking of either a 7night P&O cruise on their Great Barrier Reef discovery tour or getting away and staying somewhere

We are both open to anything and she is pretty easygoing so will be happy with whatever I (or the forum) choose. Maybe somewhere easy going and relaxing but also the option to do a few activities

Thanks in advance

John - Fake Name (so I'm not discovered!)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,038 posts
1,381 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Whitsunday or Cruise?

Hi John !

Feb is not the best time to be visiting Whitsundays or Cairns region due to the Wet & Stinger season.

www.marinestinger.com.au

Other destinations to research - for Feb/ March weather with a baby.

Noosa - Sth Queensland

Lord Howe Island

Lady Elliott Island - if you enjoy snorkelling / swimming ( Sth Great Barrier Reef).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Whitsunday or Cruise?

If you are looking at cruises be sure to check the 'children' policies of individual cruises/ships. Some don't have child minding or access to the children's club for children under 3 years of age. And on some, children must be fully toilet trained to be able to swim in the pools.

Oz
Level Contributor
11,907 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Whitsunday or Cruise?

Hi,

IMHO you should forget the cruise and look at Tasmania or Kangaroo Island at that time of the year.

Cheers,

4. Re: Honeymoon Whitsunday or Cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 06:16