We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Day Trips

Launceston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Island Day Trips

Which cruise operator is the most economical to use to get a day trip fare to Hamilton, Hayman etc please from Airlie?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Day Trips

I was up there last month and used cruise whitsundays cruisewhitsundays.com/resort_connections.aspx

They aren't cheap by normal standards but are very efficient and have regular services.

Cost approx $120aud for a day pass.

Unless you we were staying on Daydream I wouldn't return.

Golf cart hire on Hamilton is approx $75-85 for 4hours and is a good way to get around the island.

Launceston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Day Trips

Thank you. Really appreciate the link. Not staying on Daydream so will leave that one alone perhaps and take a look at Hamilton.

Cheers.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Day Trips

Chella, if you own the Entertainment Book (coupon book), they have a discount at the back for cruise operators in the Whitsundays. Maybe ask around if your friends have one?

Edited: 18 May 2014, 09:57
Launceston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Day Trips

Yes Peter, I do have an Entertainment book. Use vouchers but often forget about those pages either side. Will definitely check them out. Thank you so much for the reminder :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Day Trips

The new 2014-2015 Entertainbook has 15% Cruise Whitsundays for day trips to GBR etc but not from Airlie Beach to Hamilton island. But I'm pretty sure there is discount in the older book as I did use it for a trip from Hamilton Island to Airlie Beach a few years back. Hope it's in your current book! Cheers, PW

6. Re: Island Day Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:21