We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding on Daydream Island

NSW
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic
wedding on Daydream Island

The sunlovers brochure on this looks good. Any opinions from people about a wedding here? Maybe 50 guests or less. Trying to keeps numbers minimal by staying away from Sydney! Otherwise I am open to other ideas by private msg.

Also, how much would travel from Sydney likely to cost my guests?

Thanks in advance.

Queensland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding on Daydream Island

HI Pink Snow

Daydream is wonderful for weddings, The Wedding Chappel has the most amazing views over the water, The resurants offer great meal options, the photo oppotunities are enless and look awesome in Black and White, they have the spa where you can get all you hair and make up done pre wedding. Sunlovers cove would be a superb location for sunset cocktails.

They also dress their golf Buggies with White ribbons.

I think they have everything covered!

Dive Buddie

Sydney
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding on Daydream Island

G'day Pinksnow,

I think you will find that MORE guests will attend your wedding if it's held in The Whitsundays (or any other nice warm place) simply because they get a holiday for themselves as well. That's a good thing IMO because people tend to relax more when they get away from home.

Daydream Island in my opinion is ok but I wouldn't want to stay there for more than 3 nights since its so small.

Both Jetstar and Virgin Blue fly to Whitsunday Coast on the mainland (25 minutes drive to Airlie Beach). Buses are meeting every flight and takes you to Airlie and/or Shute Harbour where your guests can catch a ferry across to Daydream Island (10 minutes). Jetstar and Virgin also fly to Hamilton Island (Ferry time approx 30 minutes to Daydream Island).

Jetstar has two nonstop flights from Sydney daily. Jetstar fly nonstop to/from Sydney to Whitsunday Coast a couple of times a week.

You can find good airfares with both airlines, but it depends a lot on what time and date of the year your wedding will be held.

Pick a date outside school holidays and major holidays such as Christmas and Easter. By doing so your guests can get cheaper airfares. If you have a few dates in mind, search both airlines and see what the prices are like.

www.virginblue.com.au

www.jetstar.com.au

Congratulations and all the best for a happy future.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding on Daydream Island

When we visited the chapel and took some pics of the beautiful view, we both commented that this would be a nice place to get married with just a few guests, family and good friends etc.

4. Re: wedding on Daydream Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2008, 10:08
Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding on Daydream Island

Hi Pink Snow

I am looking at Daydream for the same thing. Wedding for around 50 ppl next year. I had initially picked Hamilton but due to dramas trying to book a date I have looked at Daydream. Comparing the two, there seems to be a much wider and better choice for reception venues. The prices for meals seems cheaper as well. It is smaller in terms of the size of the island but essentially i figure most people are going to be relaxing, enjoying 'the big day' and plus, there are still loads of activities like snorkelling etc. Not as much choice in accommodation as Hamilton though so harder to find a cheaper deal.

If you have managed to find out more info that is worth sharing let me know. :) Congrats

6. Re: wedding on Daydream Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Daydream Island
More Daydream Island Topics