We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beautiful but so inconsistent!

Which Daydream Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shepparton...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beautiful but so inconsistent!

I was so looking forward to my 7 nights at Dsydream Island! It was my Christmas present from my terminally ill husband. On the second day my sister and I capsized on the kayak tour due to the kayak missing a plug! The tour guide just thought we were old and useless!(we're in our 50's and so fit!). There was no apology and no compensation! Tonight at dinner we ordered the seafood platter at 120,00 for two which was delicious last Friday but not as good tonight! Just not good enough! Won't be coming back! No winer everyone goes to Bali and Fiji! I thought if support the Australusn economy but forget it!

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beautiful but so inconsistent!

You may wish to do a proper review and expand a little on your experiences.

Otherwise this post will just get lost in the chatter.

Shepparton...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beautiful but so inconsistent!

I don't understand what you mean by a proper review! Despite some typos due to not wearing my glasses I thought it was an honest and yet simple account of my experiences!

Edited: 23 January 2013, 20:11
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beautiful but so inconsistent!

Hi Helen

You've posted this on the forum page. The reviews for Daydream are here & if you click on the green "write a review" tab you will be able to write one there :-) tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g255084-d309…

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beautiful but so inconsistent!

Yes, see above link for "writing a review". This is just a forum.

And as for expanding - apart from flipping your kayak and not enjoying your second seafood platter quite as much as the first you haven't really told us anything.

What exactly didnt you like about the second seafood platter?

What was the accomodation like?

What other activities did you do? Like/Dislike?

5. Re: Beautiful but so inconsistent!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2017, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Daydream Island
More Daydream Island Topics