We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qualia or hamiton island beach club....?

derbyshire,UK
11 posts
Save Topic
Qualia or hamiton island beach club....?

Hi - i am going on honeymoon next april and i keep reading rave reviews about qualia - but its very expensive and my hubby to be thinks that it is too expensive... we have some friends who say the beach club is nice. can anyone advise whether it is worth paying extra for qualia - i want a honeymoon that i will remember!!!

1. Re: Qualia or hamiton island beach club....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 16:25
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qualia or hamiton island beach club....?

At least on an island of ???5000 people there is the opportunity of getting away on your own .. spending my every waking moment of my honeymoon on a boat with a lot of strangers with little privacy would not be my choice

My ideal would be to wake when I want, eat when I am hungry and have room service if I didn't feel like going out .. plus having the chance to do as little or as much as I wanted and not to someone elses schedule

Of course you also both have to be good sailors otherwise sea sickness would put a dampener on your holiday

I agree that Qualia is very expensive and would probably look for an alternative .. there are heaps of reviews on this forum from people who have stayed at both Qualia and The Beach Club .. I think the Beach Club would suit you fine .. especially if your friends have stayed there, as they obviously know you and what you like

Qualia is very special but you would want to spend most of your time in the resort to get the full benefit ... there is so much to see and do in the Whitsundays

And yes a cruise would be wonderful but it isn't for everyone

Abbey

Mentioned in this post
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,434 Reviews
Hamilton Island, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,132 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qualia or hamiton island beach club....?

The one thing i wantwhen i go away with just my SO is not to worry about anyone else so I look for a landbased thing...

I'd prob pick Qualia if you want totally to not have anyone else near you and the $$$ wont break the bank.....

Another choice not on Hammo is Paradise Bay Eco resort...a bit cheaper than qualia and certainly very private with the opportunity to get out and see other islands.....surrounded by the bushland and the wildlife it would be a good choice i you don't want to veg in the pool..

they o have communal dining which can be a minus but while we were there we were lucky enough to have aprivate dining on our balcony..

It really depends on your priorities....

if yopu want to see the Whitsundays and snorkel all the time then a sail is a good choice...

if you want to get to know your new partner more intimately then Paradise Bay, if you want intimacy plus nightlife and a choice of restaurants then Beach Club, if you want nightlife and private dining and the $$ wont make your holiday less enjoyable..Qualia

Mentioned in this post
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,434 Reviews
Melbourne...
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qualia or hamiton island beach club....?

Hi Monkey55,

So you want a honeymoon to remember & Qualia is in your Hubby's & my opinion too expensive.... ! $950- $3000 AUD per night !

As your friends have suggested the "Beach Club" is for you... Check out the "Romantic Escape Package" at www.hamiltonisland.com.au

On this package you will get a magnificent "Banjo Patterson Twilight Sail" trip that also includes drinks & snacks ... Pick the "Denison Star Dinner Cruise" from your choices & pay the extra $55AUD per person for a "Captains Table" where you are alone & get more wine & food than the rest of the people on board who are down stairs... These are both run by ...

www.cruiseindigo.com.au contact them for a brochure to be mailed to you & you will get info more there as well as pic's....!

With this package you also get a personalised welcoming letter & chilled champagne upon arrival to your room !

As you will be saving costs from not going to Qualia may I suggest you take a seaplane trip over "Heart Reef"(which is featured in many photo's to do with the Great Barrier Reef ) then it flies you over "Whitehaven Beach" & "Hill Inlet" before landing there so you can get luvvy duvvy for 1 1/2 hrs. on one of the most beautiful beach's in the world ...Also included in the flight is a picnic hamper of chilled champagne, fruit platter & some water ....Oh & a picnic rug of course...!

This is run by www.avta.com.au & the trip is called the "Reef & Beach Explorer" ...Costs about $400AUD per person but hey You wanted a Honeymoon to Remember !

I can recommend all these as I did them all last year for our 20th. Anniversary... My wife still smiles when she see's the photo's I took of Heart reef while she held my hand ...Hmmm enough mush already .. lol :)

At the Beach Club request a top floor suite & you will just love the complimentary gourmet breakfasts by the Infinity Edge pool & if you have dinner there, it is a fine dining experience in an intimate location to remember ! There are also 9 other restaurants to choice from on the Island !

Take Day trip to "Reef World" run by www.fantasea.com.au & you will get to see the reef ,fish & a magical place ...check out their website link above for more info...! The water out there will be near 28 celsius ...!

Now I hope this will give you some ideas for a Honeymoon to Remember ...

Cheers :)

Mentioned in this post
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,434 Reviews
Heart Reef
Heart Reef
330 Reviews
Airlie Beach, Australia
Great Barrier Reef
Great Barrier Reef
Queensland, Australia
Whitehaven Beach
Whitehaven Beach
1,708 Reviews
Whitsunday Island, Australia
Hill Inlet
Hill Inlet
785 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qualia or hamiton island beach club....?

Take that sea plane trip over heart reef you'll never forget it!!

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qualia or hamiton island beach club....?

Just to add that the Beach Club has 24/7 room service & Chauffered Golf Buggy transfers to & from anywhere on the Island throughout your stay ...!

Their buggy's are some of the only ones that have drop blinds for when it's raining.

Just ask any store/restaurant to call Beach Club & they will come & get you !

"SCOOP News" on Beach Club Beach area ......!

The beach area will shortly be Roped off in front of the Beach Club ...

This will make it obvious as to where their Exclusive area is & where the general public can pass through ....!

Seems the signs that have been there for some time are being ignored & this way they will have more privacy for their 18 yr.old & older Resort ...!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,733 posts
1,753 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qualia or hamiton island beach club....?

It depends on your budget.....if you want to go to the max - then go Qualia...plus take the seaplane over to Whitehaven Beach and Heart reef.

www.airwhitsunday.com.au/

I also prefer to be on a yacht but I couldn't stand being on a boat for my honeymoon with people you have never met before....if you have a little knowledge of sailing / boating then my first option would be to self hire a yacht and go sailing/ exploring the beautiful islands - a perfect ideal location for romance.

For more info : www.sunsailwhitsundays.com.au/

Mentioned in this post
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,434 Reviews
Whitehaven Beach
Whitehaven Beach
1,708 Reviews
Heart Reef
Heart Reef
330 Reviews
Airlie Beach, Australia
Melbourne...
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qualia or hamiton island beach club....?

Monkey55 is going on her Honeymoon to Hamilton Island ...!

She asks for advice on either BC or Qualia .... !

BTW...

Airwhitsundays don't operate out of Hamilton Island & surely it would not be worth while to transfer to Hayman island or the mainland to catch it !

Hamilton Island Aviation have the tours from the Hamilton Island Airport ...!

www.avta.com.au

Sailing .... Well lets see Monkey55 ...Is that your cup of tea ....?

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton Island
Hamilton Island
Whitsunday Islands, Australia
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,434 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,132 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qualia or hamiton island beach club....?

ARTO, sometimes people don't know about other options which is why they are mentioned....

this was why I mentioned Qualia first and finished with it and beach club...

Mentioned in this post
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,434 Reviews
Melbourne...
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qualia or hamiton island beach club....?

Guruswife, thats fine, so did I .

But does really matter which way they are mentioned....!

The author asked about both establishments,whether it's worth the extra expense of Qualia & wants a honeymoon to remember...!

I hope we have all answered some of her requests....?

Mentioned in this post
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,434 Reviews
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island