We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting married on Hamilton Island on a budget

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Picton NSW
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
getting married on Hamilton Island on a budget

My daughter wants to get married in March 2010 looking at HI

Fiji or Hawaii, does anyone know of a cheap photographer we can use on HI and somewhere they can get married without spending a fortune Thanks Scoobie

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting married on Hamilton Island on a budget

I think you will find weddings on HI will cost at least as much as city weddings in Sydney. I haven't compared it with Fiji or Hawaii, but I remember finding a lot of info on-line when looking for my daughter's wedding last year. Lot at hamiltonislandweddings.com.au. They are the designated wedding providor.

Sydney
Level Contributor
561 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting married on Hamilton Island on a budget

Hi!

I got married on HI a few years ago. I didn't use the islands photographer as I really wanted more photos than what they were including (and they were very expensive!). So after a little bit of research I found Tropix Photography. They are located at Airlie Beach. I had to pay for the photographers boat transfer, which was fine. I have to say that we were very happy with the service and the photo's. We had the photographer from about 3pm after I had my hair done at the hairdressers, and he stayed for the whole reception. Lucky for us, he used to be a photographer on HI so he knew all the spots and stayed with old friends on the island.

We selected HI as it was a cheap destination wedding. With all the different options for our guests to either stay in hotels or to group together and stay in villas / apartments it made it very affordable. I actually did pretty much everything myself and didn't really use my wedding co-ordinator much.

For our reception, we just made a group booking at Romano's Italian Restaurant. As it was going to be soooo hot and humid, we just went with anti pasto platters on each of the tables for starters, then we had the mains (which I preselected 5 options) and then had our cake for dessert. We put on a bar tab and that was it.

If you have a look at my profile, there will be some photo's of my wedding. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Good luck!!

3. Re: getting married on Hamilton Island on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island