We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay on the north east or the west side of HI?

Oz
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Stay on the north east or the west side of HI?

HI all,

Interested in your input on which outlook is "nicer" if possible.

I am down to Northcape 1a, appears to look East NE or Shorelines 36 looking West.

I love the idea of looking at that beautiful azure blue water, just like you see in the postcards, so I am interested in anyone's thoughts as to which side of the island may give us more of that type of outlook.

Does the north east side look into deeper water? Thus giving a deeper blue colour, rather than the azure blue of the coral sea, looking west?

We have booked for mid March for our 20th anniversary.

Decisions...decisions...decisions.

Many thanks,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay on the north east or the west side of HI?

I would go for Northcape .. I havent stayed at either but ridden around these areas many times and the last time I visited the island I stood at the top of Northcape apartments and even from the road, felt I could reach out and touch the yachts passing by

They are literally brand new so everything should be in pristine condition .. the view isnt as expansive as from Shoreline as the west view encompasses a larger area but I think with Northcape you are literally on the water and I think it appears much bluer than the other side .. yes the passage is below the apartments and is quite deep

Just my thoughts ..

Abbey

Abbey

Oz
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay on the north east or the west side of HI?

thanks, the agent yesterday seemed to feel that the photos on the website didn't quite do this unit justice. Either the inside of the apartment, or the view. Have had look at Northcape 2 and 3 and didn't feel that much more convinced.

Interested in all opinions. Many thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay on the north east or the west side of HI?

Hi

Have a look at the following websites, they might have better photo's than what your agent has in a brochure.

www.hamiltonisland.biz

www.stayz.com.au

I am agreeing with Abbey, Northcape looks amazing! They were almost finished when I was up there last.

4. Re: Stay on the north east or the west side of HI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island