We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat on Hamilton Island

wantirna south
8 posts
Save Topic
Places to eat on Hamilton Island

Where are good places to eat on the island?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat on Hamilton Island

It depends on your budget ... Denison Star gets excellent reports on the quality of the food served

We like the old yacht club.. more your pub type meals but with prices comparable to what you would pay at any pub in a tourist spot

The Italian and Seafood restaurant are always well patronised but more expensive than your average Italian

I also like Sails.. you order at a counter but get table service and I really like the food.. its your family type eating place but they have nice tables beside the pool and also near the beach front

There is a brand new restaurant in the new Yacht Club.. Brommies.. not a large menu and I havent eaten there so I cant comment on the food.. but a beautiful setting for a romantic dinner

The steak house is very popular and you would need to book for this one

Not all the restaurants are open every night so if you fancy somewhere special, check their opening hours

For something different you could do the Safari tour which takes you in old army trucks over the other side of the island for a good old aussie b b que around a camp fire.. a bit touristy but heaps of fun

The Reef Hotel also has a restaurant and they are open for breakfast, dinner and I think for lunch

If you would like breakfast with the koalas, the wildlife part also does breakfast and snack

Also gourmet pizzas are available in a nice restaurant on the harbour

Hope this is of help

Abbey

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat on Hamilton Island

There is a brand new restaurant in the new Yacht Club.. The Bommie.. not a large menu - I ate there twice. Food is very good, but very pricey. And I agree it is a beautiful setting for a romantic dinner.

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat on Hamilton Island

I'm with Abbey - the old yacht club - Marina Tavern, the food is great and also good value.

Romano's is the Italian Restaurant, I love it there. From memory mains are around $35-$40. And it is expensive, but it has a really nice atmosphere.

For me personally, twice I have eaten at the Steakhouse, and service was horrible - but many people on here have had no issues. However, the steaks are just perfect. Priced around $30 +

Manta Ray Cafe is nice and casual, down by the marina. Pizza's are good (from around $20).

Don't forget, there are a few other shops. There is a bakery (pies, sandwiches etc), Popeye's takeway (fish and chips) and the Marina Deli (good for coffee's).

When we go back up to HI later this year, I am making sure we go to Mariners (seafood) and go try Brommies.

4. Re: Places to eat on Hamilton Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2012, 09:16
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island