We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation and who to book with?

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
207 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation and who to book with?

Has anybody booked a Hamilton Island apartment with Hamilton Holiday - www.hamiltonholiday.com.au?

I've received some very good quotes and very prompt responses from them but not their office is in Western Australia.

Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has used them.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation and who to book with?

HI morris - I looked at the site you listed and just noticed a couple of things that would make me "cautious" about booking.

1. Main contact is a mobile phone

2. No online booking or secure section of the website

3. No "about us" or other contact information except for a PO Box.

4. No details of any licences or professional affiliations

Whilst they may be perfectly legitimate - there is nothing to suggest that on their website. I would steer clear or your cheap rates could end up being very expensive!

Hamilton Island Homes are ON HI and include all the resort benefits in their bookings such as kids eat free and use of watersports on Catseye. They are a licenced real estate agent so you have the security of knowing your booking is protected by the law when you book with them (same as with other licensed booking services such as rentahome, takeabreak etc)

You may find that this is a site put up by the owner of one or a couple of properties and when you go to book you might find that only SOME or ONE of the properties is available?????

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation and who to book with?

Haven't heard of them, but I have booked a couple of apartments through these guys http://www.hamiltonisland.biz/Home.aspx they have been very easy to deal with...

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation and who to book with?

Hi

You need to ensure they have an IATA number and part of the TCF (travel compensation fund). If they don't have either of these, steer clear as if something happens with your booking you are left on your own and there is no way to claim any compensation.

Try comparing the main sites

Www.hamiltonisland.com.au

www.hihh.com.au

www.hamiltonisland.biz

Www.stayz.com.au

All reliable and trustworthy sites. I've booked with three of the above sites and had no problems.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation and who to book with?

Another reliable site we've used is www.takeabreak.com.au

There's a good variety of HI accommodation on there.

LTB

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation and who to book with?

Also be aware that stayz is a website of Fairfax media. It is not a booking site or travel/real estate company - it is an advertising site where property owners pay to list their properties and you contact them direct to make a booking.

rentahome.com.au is a real estate

takeabreak.com.au is a subsidiary of Flight Centre

Australia
Level Contributor
207 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation and who to book with?

Thank you for all the helpful comments. Will look at the suggested options.

7. Re: Accommodation and who to book with?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island