We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shorelines query

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
port lincoln
Level Contributor
203 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Shorelines query

HI yes its me again. Just further to my question regarding Shorelines, for those that have stayed there with kids, mine being 10 and 13, is the trip from marina side to main resort a hassle- I realise the buggy trip is pretty quick BUT for those that stayed here with kids did you find being the marina side an

inconvience? Staying in July.

Thanks folks

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shorelines query

Hi, I stayed in The Edge which is just infront of Shorelines. No issues being close to the Marina, as that is where you can also find a lot of cafes / restaurants, bakery, shops etc. Its a nice place to sit by the marina and have a pie or ice cream aswell. On Sunday afternoons, next to Manta Ray Cafe they have a live band too.

port lincoln
Level Contributor
203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shorelines query

Thanks Barina 80. I have confirmed a booking with Shorelines. Yay!

Cheers

Edited: 12 June 2012, 03:48
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shorelines query

We stayed on the Marina side and I think it's much prettier than the resort side. The hill tops give you access to views that are to die for. Put it this way - the million dollar homes are perched up on some of the same hilltops and not by the resort.

To be honest, initially it was no problem using the buggy to get down to the beach or the pool. But by the 6th day, it did get a bit tedious because if you forget your towel or sunscreen, you've got to get back into the buggy etc... It was also a bit dicey at night as there are little or now street lights.

But we chose a newer apartment as I wanted to enjoy a little but of luxury. It was my holiday as much as it was the kids holiday too.

Also, I was quite concerned about the many bad reviews of the older apartments (hibiscus etc) and I did not want to risk with being disappointed on a very special holiday. I was not disappointed with staying on the Marina side.

port lincoln
Level Contributor
203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shorelines query

Hi thanks Beryl_be! Yes I agree it is as much OUR holiday as the kids- so if we are all happy thats a BONUS! It is a 40th bday present for me so yes I wanted some luxury too....Thanks for your post....I am really happy with our choice- will post reiew when home . We were initially booked in at Hibiscus which looked lovely too but mixed reviews as you said .....

Cheers

Edited: 12 June 2012, 08:44
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shorelines query

OMG - I went to Hamilton Island for my 40th too! I 'ran away' as I didn't want to have a party etc. I just wanted a holiday!

port lincoln
Level Contributor
203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shorelines query

Ha funny- my thinking too! Hope you had a great holi and b'day ....

Where did you stay?

Cheers

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shorelines query

I really think Shorelines will offer you more luxury then the Hibiscus apartments will. Plus some of the views are simply stunning.....have fun...

Rene

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shorelines query

We stayed at Oasis which I think it in the same region as Shorelines. It was near the Blue Water Views apartments. The hilly region is really beautiful and its actually nicer to be away from the babies and toddlers.

By the way, if you have the Entertainment Book, there are a few vouchers in there for cruises etc. If I had only known, I would have used my own book to save some money!

Hope you have a fab time and HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

port lincoln
Level Contributor
203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shorelines query

THANKS beryl_be! Counting the days now! B'day was end of March so it is an extended b'day ...Cheers

Sydney
Level Contributor
178 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shorelines query

The sunset views on the western (Shorelines) side are sensational. The Edge pool is pretty special too, you can access this from Shorelines.

Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island