We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinnacle Apartments

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Pinnacle Apartments

Hi all!

Has anyone stayed in the Pinnacle apartments? Tried to find some reviews online but nothing unfortunately....

Would love info on location, views etc

If anyone has stayed and has pics to share, that would be much appreciated!

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pinnacle Apartments

Hi,

Pinnacle's are lovely apartments, they are central to town with a 2 minute walk to the main street. I have personally seen this place as have had friends stay there, they have the best hot tubs on their balconys and the apartments are roomy, if there is a few of you then it can work out quite reasonable to stay.

Check out their website at;

http://www.pinnaclesresort.com/

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pinnacle Apartments

Just realised that it was Pinnacle Hamo and not Airlie, here's the link to see what they look like;

hamiltonislandholidayapartments.com/index.ph…

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pinnacle Apartments

Hi

I havent stayed at Pinnacles but they are in probably one of the highest areas on the island - right next to the roundabout where you go up a little further to One Tree Hill. I would assume you would have good views here (not as good as those properties along the outer part of the island - as you may get views of roofs of other properties).

I've stayed at The Edge and Anchorage apartments and seen Blue Water Views (good views here but these are older than Pinnacles) and a few other properties on the island over the years. The best view so far would have to be at The Edge apartments and they also have a fantastic infinity pool!

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pinnacle Apartments

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Hamilton Island. We stayed at Pinnacle Apartments for 6 nights in a luxurious and spacious 3 bedroom apartment with magnificent views of the Coral sea. We had views from the living room, bedroom and bathroom spa! Whats so good about these apartments is they are up on some of the highest land on the island and away from the hustle and bustle of Catseye beach. We enjoyed evening BBQs here and had our own buggy to move around the Island. The management and staff were friendly and very helpful and the apartment was very clean. This is the only place we would stay on the island again.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pinnacle Apartments

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Hamilton Island. We stayed at Pinnacle Apartments for 6 nights in a luxurious and spacious 3 bedroom apartment with magnificent views of the Coral sea. We had views from the living room, bedroom and bathroom spa! Whats so good about these apartments is they are up on some of the highest land on the island and away from the hustle and bustle of Catseye beach. We enjoyed evening BBQs here and had our own buggy to move around the Island. The management and staff were friendly and very helpful and the apartment was very clean. This is the only place we would stay on the island again.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Pinnacle Apartments

Hi, can you please tell me with whom you booked the pinnacle apartment. The HIHA tell me that they are no longer the agen. Regards jean

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Pinnacle Apartments

Hi Ally,

Can you please advise the room number stayed in. I'm looking to take the family up in November and wouldn't mind being close to the pool.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Pinnacle Apartments

No 4 is right above the pool but I certainly would not recommend staying in this unit for the following reasons:

1. The BBQ is rusted, half the burners don't work and the handle to the lid is broken;

2. No decent sBBQ utensils to cook with - a BBQ mate isn't that expensive;

3. The outdoor furniture is in urgent need of replacement...the chairs are falling to bits;

4. The indoor furniture bar stools are old and scrappy;

5. The buggy is in need of a good service...does not last near a whole day without charging a couple of times.

You could fix this all for under a $1500 and whilst management have supposedly advised the owners of some of these problems, nothing has been done.

I'm certainly used the most basic of accommodation but when paying up to $380 a night, you would expect a lot better.

Feedback from others staying at Pinnacle has been really positive so don't let this review put you off staying at the other apartments

Cheers

Matt

Edited: 12 September 2013, 08:54
Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pinnacle Apartments

Good afternoon,

My Name is Peter, I'm the manager of the whole complex at the Pinnacles Hamitlon Isand, and the owner of HIHA, the only booking agent that can book the Pinnacle apartments. Thanks a lot for your call and message Matt, I really need to keep on top of these issues; if you didn't tell me I would never know.

Just so you know, I called the owner straight after your phone call and we have now:

Replaced the BBQ with a new webber

Replaced the Bar stools

Bought a new out door setting

Purchased new BBQ tools for all properties

All of this was purchased last week and should be on the island in the next week.

Thanks for letting me know. If you want to come back up north Matt please let me know and I'll be sure to look after you.

Peter Baumgart

Manager

HIHA

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pinnacle Apartments

If you stay in these apartments do you have access to the main islands resort pools?

Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island