We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qualia vs. beach club

connecticut
Level Contributor
32 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Qualia vs. beach club

the cost is almost 2 x and just wondering if Qualia is worth it? Thanks so much.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,655 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qualia vs. beach club

There is very little competition in Australia when it comes to resorts of similar style and location, so in that regards, Qualia does stand out.

Having said this, the Beach Club does rate a worthy mention albeit it often been seen as the lesser sister - which is quite an unfair comparison, as it has a healthy following of its own.

Quick side note - if you happen to be foodies, the menu and preparation is overseen by the same chefs for both. Unfortunately the F&B situation on the island has been a bit of a mess since the start of the year, and as far as I'm aware, they are yet to hire an Exec Chef.

So is Qualia worthwhile? Absolutely. Is it worth the price? Only you can determine that.

I'd be looking at weather forecasts very closely prior to booking, as any island resort is almost rendered meaningless should you be hit by unpleasant weather.

Just my $0.02

Edited: 19 June 2013, 22:59
Mentioned in this post
Beach Club
Beach Club
1,213 Reviews
Hamilton Island, Australia
connecticut
Level Contributor
32 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qualia vs. beach club

thanks so much!!!

connecticut
Level Contributor
32 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qualia vs. beach club

Is January that risky to visit this part of Australia?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,655 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qualia vs. beach club

Risky in terms if weather? Yes.

High rainfall and high temperatures, and school holidays. Usually best between April-June.

bom.gov.au/climate/…cw_033255.shtml

If you don't mind humidity, hot weather and occasional flashes of rain, it's not necessarily unbearable. I've been up there early Feb and was great - but that's coming from a local.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 23:34
Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qualia vs. beach club

Hi

Ohhhh......well I would say that if you are looking for complete privacy then Qualia is definitely the place to stay at. I have been there and it is just wonderful. Basically, Qualia is at the far end of the island, and no one else can gain entry into the resort unless you are a guest of course. You really wouldn't need to leave Qualia as it has its own bar, restaurant, day spa and small beach area. The rooms are stunning, you can get a Windward Pavilion which has its own plunge pool (and again it is really private - you can't see into any other rooms). You also have access to a golf buggy and you can take it for a drive around the rest of the island and see what else there is.

The Beach Club on the other hand, is right on the Catseye Beach. You do have exclusive access here aswell and everything is at your doorstep. There are sun lounges on the beach for you to use, but you will still have other guests walking past as this is the main beach. The rooms here are nice aswell, it is more like a standard low rise hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Beach Club
Beach Club
1,213 Reviews
Catseye Beach
Catseye Beach
618 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
337 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qualia vs. beach club

Qualia is a significantly better offering in terms of accomodation,privacy,service and food. - As suggested by Barina80 the accommodation with the plunge pools is well worth the extra as well.

Value for money wise it's your call, but if you pay the extra IMO you will get a more luxurious stay at Qualia.

7. Re: Qualia vs. beach club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island