We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February Weather

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
February Weather

What is the weather really like in February, particularly late Feb?? Raining? cyclones?

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,700 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: February Weather

bom.gov.au/climate/…cw_033255.shtml

It really does rain and there is a real chance of tropical lows and cyclones.

But you can be lucky and get really great weather. :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
561 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: February Weather

Hi

I've been there 3 times in February - even got married there in Febryary (outdoor wedding ceremony). First time, no rain at all. Second time, 1 day of rain. Third time (feb last year) had 2 days of rain and we are booked again for February next year.

They do offer wet weather activities and there are indoor activities aswell.

The weather is hot and humid but that makes for great weather sitting in or by the pool.

Magnetawan, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: February Weather

Hi,

I read your comments about the weather in Feb. We are two Cdn couples in our 60's looking for a 2 or 3 day snorkelling trip in the Whitsundays arriving mid Feb. Do you have any recommendations as to what tours and sailing vessels are recommended. I have read mixed reviews on the Anaconda lll. Also suggestions for one night accommodation on Hamilton Island or Airlee Beach would be appreciated.

Nancy

Sydney
Level Contributor
561 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: February Weather

Hi

I don't know much about the 2 or 3 day snorkelling trips maybe look at the Whitsundays forum.

As for 1 night on Hamilton Island, although there are a lot of properties there, most require a minimum 3 night stay. Have a look at www.hamiltonisland.com.au as I think they allow 1 night in the resort properties : Palm Bungalows, Reef View Hotel.

The bungalows are individual freestanding bungalows located close to the main pool area. The Reef View hotel is a high rise building which is a normal hotel room but with great views out to The Whitsundays.

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: February Weather

hi guys,

Yes you can stay for one night only in the hotel properties run by Hamilton Island themselves, but if you are interested in doing the overnight sailing trips, they all depart from Airlie Beach, so you'd be better off getting accommodation there for a night before and/or after your sailing trip.

There's lots more advice on these sailing trips in the Airlie Beach forum.

Cheers,

TW

6. Re: February Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island