I'm quite the whizz when it comes to Fiji (see post count), but Hamilton Island I'm completely out of my depth / know nothing about.
We are heading there next September for my good mates wedding, and my wife and I are thinking about splurging a little whilst there.
Qualia we are considering, and the price is comparable to many of the higher end resorts in Fiji. Qualia strikes me as similar to Yasawa Island Resort in many ways. Nice room in a nice location, with a stunning beach out the front.
1. Do you need a stinger (I gather this means jellyfish) suit to swim in any water around Hamilton Island (outside of a pool), even Pebble Beach at Qualia? What about surrounding islands?
2. The Leeward Pavilion at Qualia has a pool apparently, but is there also a main complex pool that looks out over Pebble Beach?
3. With the exception of the picnic basket, are beach drop offs complimentary, and if not what cost is associated with them/picnic lunch? How long are you out there for and are the beaches for you only, or others? This is similar again to Yasawa, but it was only you and the beach!
4. Tours to Great Barrier Reef, and Whitehaven beach, are both worth doing (given we have been to the Yasawas and other areas of Fiji, which house some stunning - and swimmable - beaches)?
5. Re the above, is it better to do a glass bottom boat ride, or better to do a scenic flight from the air?
6. and this is a random one, but what are the public toilet facilities like around Hamilton Island, or are all the resorts fairly close to each other and open with facilities?
Thanks for any assistance on these topics ... It's much appreciated from this nervous / anxious traveller :)