We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamilton Island Accomondations

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Hamilton Island Accomondations

Hello Fellow travelers!

Myself and four others (all adults, two couples) have plane tickets to the Hamilton Islands from 02/24 -02/28. The travel guides I have are really vague on the Island and make it seem as if the Island has only a handful of accommodations; which seems contrary to what I read on the blogs. It was also suggested that we book our hotel/apartments through a travel agency for special rates or discounts.

We will be in Australia starting on 02/07 and was thinking of booking the hotel with a local travel agency for a better deal...is this a wise idea? Or should I be booking one month ahead of time? I mean, is February a high season on the Island or even if we wait, can we book decent apartment for a fair rate?

We don't require a super fancy apartment, but it would be nice to have a great view in a place that's primarily for adults sans the outrageous prices.

Can anyone make some recommendations? Anything is helpful. I'm weary of making the wrong accommodations choice. Help?!

Darling Downs...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamilton Island Accomondations

Check out www.stayz.com.au and book something directly through a real estate or owner. I would not bother with travel agencies. The island is so great, one of the best holidays I have had. Try and get an apartment rather than stay in a hotel, unless the hotel thing is what you really want. There is a general store where you can buy groceries and a bottle shop on the marina side. I highly recommend you find an apartment that includes your own buggy as you really need one to get around the island everywhere and it's heaps of fun driving around (although I did love the walking but it's hilly). Whichever part of the island you pick you can't really go wrong. We stayed on the quiet side but would drive over to the beach of an afternoon and use the pools over there (it was winter when we were there so had to use the heated pool but the pools at our own apartment would have been awesome in summer). Good luck, you will love it. Also I don't think February is a busy time as it won't be school holidays so you should be able to get a good rate.

Darling Downs...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hamilton Island Accomondations

Let me know if you need help picking your accommodation, I did so much research before I went over and I wash happy with my choice (Shorelines apartments).

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hamilton Island Accomondations

Hi! After reading several recommendations I will stay at the Shorelines (that's if I can get a hold of one, they seem to be very popular); however, I'm still a bit confused if the lower are better than the higher apt #'s. We want unobstructed view. 2 and 34 are available for our dates...

Other than the Shorelines can you recommend other apt buildings?

Anything information would be helpful. Thank you!!!

Darling Downs...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hamilton Island Accomondations

'We stayed in 34, the view is amazing! You won't go wrong with that apartment. All Shorelines apartments have views. The sunset was the best, but you may need the aircon on with the afternoon sun. And with Shorelines you got to use the pool at The Edge apartments and it was a short walk down the stairs.

Darling Downs...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hamilton Island Accomondations

Hibiscus, Lagoon, Frangipani apartments are near the beach side of the island, all would be great to stay in. Panorama apartments are next to Shorelines, the apartments on this side have the best view IMO and it's only a 1 minute buggy ride to go to the beach anyway.

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hamilton Island Accomondations

Hi

If you want the map for Shorelines send me a message it'll give you a better idea of the layout of the whole Shorelines apartment complex.

If there are 5 of you you could also look at The Edge apartments, they are 3 bedroom and are just infrint of Shorelines and have amazing views. We stayed in The Edge 2 years ago and are back up there next month staying in Shorelines. You get to use the pool of The Edge if you stay in Shorelines so that's pretty good.

Look at www.hamiltonisland.biz and www.whitsundayholidays.com.au as they both have some last minute specials for February.

It is low season for Hamilton Island as it is wet season but it'll still be hot and no doubt you'll have a great time.

7. Re: Hamilton Island Accomondations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island