We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do they provide stinger suits at catseye beach

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Do they provide stinger suits at catseye beach

Do you know if they provide stinger suits to be able to use the water sport equipment at Catseye beach, if so do they hire them out or provide them free, heading there next week just concerned about the stingers while using kayaks etc.

Sydney
Level Contributor
561 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do they provide stinger suits at catseye beach

Hi

No they don't provide them and I've never seen anyone in the last 10 years visiting the island wearing them there at Catseye Beach (and I always go there in stinger season).

I used the kayaks too and initially was concerned but then looked around me at all the other people. Plus it's so hot up there at that time of year, you would probably pass out wearing the stinger suit and not being in the water.

I've only heard of 1 stinger attack there at Catseye Beach and that was about 5 years ago.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do they provide stinger suits at catseye beach

I was on Hamilton island last September and although it was not the stinger season, i did see them listed on the For Hire board on Catseye beach. It is the same place where you hire snorkels, kayaks etc. So it is possible to hire them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do they provide stinger suits at catseye beach

I was on Hamilton island last September and although it was not the stinger season, i did see them listed on the For Hire board on Catseye beach. It is the same place where you hire snorkels, kayaks etc. So it is possible to hire them.

4. Re: Do they provide stinger suits at catseye beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 05:25
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island