We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qualia (vs. Beach Club)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Qualia (vs. Beach Club)

We just decided to spend 4 nights on HI (vs. Cairns or Airlie Beach) and are wondering about Qualia vs. Beach Club - both are on the pricier side and we're wondering whether the almost $400/night price difference between the two is worth it. Has anyone ever stayed at both - or toured both - properties and can help us understand the difference?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Airlie Beach
Airlie Beach
Queensland, Australia
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,421 Reviews
Hamilton Island, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qualia (vs. Beach Club)

Qualia is a world class resort, and rated as "The Best Resort in the World" in 2012 by Conde Nast Magazine. It is a high end (from memory all inclusive) luxury resort.

Beach Club (from recent reports) is a little rundown, but I believe was undergoing a renovation (or just just undergone one). It is more the style of a 4 star hotel.

In all honesty there is no comparison between them. Qualia is miles ahead in terms of luxury (and price as well).

Mentioned in this post
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,421 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qualia (vs. Beach Club)

And the price difference is only $400/night if you compare low-season prices at the lowest possible room type. It goes WAY up from there...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
279 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qualia (vs. Beach Club)

The rates at Qualia aren't all inclusive, only include breakfast. I think its an extra 125 dollars each to have dinner included (not lunch). We've booked for end of march, 4 nights for 2925 special they have on at the moment, seems like they do specials fairly regularly on there website

Mentioned in this post
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,421 Reviews
Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qualia (vs. Beach Club)

Hi there

I have done site inspections of both the Beach Club and Qualia.

Here are a few points of difference:

The Beach Club:

-When i drove past it last week it looks like it is undergoing some type of renovations - i am not entirely sure to what extent just half the driveway was closed off.

-It is located right on the main beach and pretty much in the middle of the main resort. However, only guests can access the sun lounges and huts on the beach and also the facilities of Beach Club.

-From my inspection a few years ago, the rooms were ok - but the size of the rooms at the Reef View hotel are quite a lot bigger.

-They also have their own restaurant so you don't have to leave the resort if you don't want to

Qualia

-Wow....stunning in my opinion. It is located at the very far end of the island and has a huge walled entry gate so no one unless guests can get access in

-The pavilions are very private. There is not any two pavilions that can see into another pavilion.

-Leeward Pavillion: I personally like the layout and décor better in this one but you don't have a plunge pool

-Windward Pavillion: this has your own private plunge pool

-Pavillions are scattered all over the end of the island, so they are very private. There is a main pool down next to Pebble Beach which is lovely aswell

-Dining looked stunning aswell! There is the Long Pavillion which is the main reception area and then there is the restaurant and bar at Pebble Beach which have a lovely view.

For the price difference, I would sway towards Qualia only as you get first class service which is not comparable to anything else on Hamilton Island (not saying that Beach Club isn't as good but...)

Mentioned in this post
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,421 Reviews
Reef View Hotel
Reef View Hotel
2,568 Reviews
Pebble Beach
Pebble Beach
128 Reviews
Hamilton Island
Hamilton Island
Whitsunday Islands, Australia
Hobart
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qualia (vs. Beach Club)

Having stayed at qualia, I would say none would surpass them!! Facilities, restaurant,ever helpful staff enhanced our experience in 2012.

Mentioned in this post
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,421 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qualia (vs. Beach Club)

I think the only problem with Qualia is you wont want to leave the rooms... they are gorgeous

Mentioned in this post
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
1,421 Reviews
7. Re: Qualia (vs. Beach Club)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 04:27
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island