We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coles online

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
coles online

After reading many other posts I have decided to order from coles my only problem is we arrive this friday 12;30 flight and coles only delivers mon-fri, and the window is 10-2. Does anyone know if they leave cold stuff with ice. or am i better just to buy from the supermarket for the weekend.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coles online

Hi, I was worried about this when we ordered to deliver on our arrival day too. They keep everything in polystyrene boxes with ice blocks so it is fine to leave for several hours outside your apartment. (I rang to check before travelling.) in our case it never arrived till way after we did anyway so with any luck you'll have the same experience. Have a great holiday :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coles online

Hi there,

Hope you enjoy your stay on HI. We stayed at Shorelines for new years last year and it was AMAZING!!!

We arrived on the Friday PM so knowing that Coles would deliver on Monday we ensured we booked Sat & Sun worth of catered cruises (Barrier Reef on Sat and Whitehaven Sun) so all we had to do was get delicious dinners.

They do deliver in the foam boxes but personally I wouldn't risk leaving it out too long, especially with the humidity. Also it's just a contractor with a small delivery van and he was 3 hours late delivering so needless to say our icecream was all melted. My advice would be book adventures with catering over the weekend.

Hope this helps!

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coles online

Hi

It'll be all ok. They will deliver to your apartment front door. We even order icecream (in the middle of summer!!) and it was ok.

It's a great service. If you're worried about some perishables maybe then just pick up from the island supermarket.

4. Re: coles online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island