We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private charter OR boat hire for an hour ride at sunset

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Private charter OR boat hire for an hour ride at sunset

hello,

I will be visiting Hamilton Island for my first time on the first weekend of September travelling with my father (late 50's) and 2 siblings and their partners.

I was wondering if there are any companies that offer an hour or two private boat cruise in the early evenings (around sunset)? I haven't had much luck in my google searches. We'd be after a boat we could take some drinks and nibbles on board as pre dinner drinks and cruise.

Alternatively, is there a boat hire company that we could do this through?

Thank you in advance, really looking forward to the trip!

Sydney
Level Contributor
561 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private charter OR boat hire for an hour ride at sunset

Hi

Hmmm there are a few companies but you would be looking at a minimum hire. We looked into this for our last trip earlier this year and I think it was going to cost around $3000. Sunsail are on Hamilton Island but certain times of the year they don't offer day hire.

I'd suggest to go on the Denison Star or the sunset sail cruise.

Sydney
Level Contributor
561 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private charter OR boat hire for an hour ride at sunset

Me again!

There is the Sir Thomas Sopwith private yacht which does a sunset charter cruise for $2400

3. Re: Private charter OR boat hire for an hour ride at sunset

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island