We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia

Which Hayman Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne,Victoria
Level Contributor
77 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia

Have been several times to Qualia with our adult children and it was fantastic, but accommodation expensive as family requiring several rooms. Thought might have a change of scenery with Hayman this july but want relaxation not inundated with young children. Some reviews seem to insinuate this and also limited activities compared to Hamilton Is. Time is limited and only have 4 nights so looking for options with minimal travel time and warmer climate.

Please advise what options better or equal to Qualia or NONE!

11 replies to this topic
Whitsundays
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia

Have you considered the Hamilton Island Yacht Club Villas? I think they all have 4 bedrooms, some with private plunge pool, and all are in a gated complex near the new yacht club at the end of Front Street.

Go have a look and let us know what you think! hamiltonisland.com.au/yacht-club/…

TW

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia

My sister went to hayman and qualia for her honeymoon about a year and a bit ago. She loved them both & didn't think either was overrun by kids, but for her I think qualia (only just) was better than hayman. However this was pre-Reno on hayman so maybe the reno would make them more equal!

Love hayman myself and would love to go back to check out the new look. Definitely can't go wrong with either IMO ! Let us know what you decide :)

Melbourne,Victoria
Level Contributor
77 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia

Is Hamilton Island Yacht club Villas complex like a resort with one pool and own beach with water sports,like Qualia

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
337 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia

Hi Trurab,

We have stayed at Qualia and Hayman several times.

Hayman allows kiddies but you won't be over run. - unless you go during school holidays.

If you want to stay at Hayman I suggest the new Beach Villas which are the only comparable accommodation option comparable to Qualia. The rest of the resort is pretty much dated by comparison.

The food at Qualia blows Hayman off the map in many instances particularly avoid La Trattoria at Hayman if you go its very average. The Asian food on Hayman is very nice as is the food at the main pool.

Not sure you will save much at Hayman as what you will save on in dated accommodation you Willard up in food and bev. Unlike Hamiton Is. Hayman does not offer any other options for food than the resort so the captive audience and no competition ensures you pay handsomely.

The villas at Hamilton are another option but it is definately not the luxury experience of Qualia.

Just went to Hayman last April and I reckon Qualia has the edge on front of house service for sure.

Melbourne,Victoria
Level Contributor
77 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia

Thank you for advice. Qualia it is!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
27 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia

Hi

Can you tell me more bat Hayman?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia

I have never been to Hayman but I have spent a week over the holidays at Qualia. And EVEN THOUGH I was solo and a cyclone hit so it rained the ENTIRE time at least part of the day -- I HAD AN AMAZING time - the service was incredible - the spa was my haven and loved their yoga and other classes. The food was incredible and I can not for a moment imagine anything better including accommodations!! In fact, I plan to go back again to see the rest of the island with the golf cart they give you for your stay to get around the island in - that stayed plugged in the ENTIRE visit due to the weather. I think anywhere you can stay solo over the holiday (christmas) AND have the kind of weather I did and leave feeling refreshed and worth every penny -- makes this a "one of a kind" type of place!

Melbourne,Victoria
Level Contributor
77 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia

Agree wholeheartedly !! Have now been each year since it opened and every year decide to go elsewhere just for a change. Then after discussing pros and cons back to Qualia it is! Total relaxation.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia

Up there in the same "high end luxury resort" catagory, have you considered somewhere different .. for example Orpheus Island Resort?

Melbourne,Victoria
Level Contributor
77 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia

Will explore those options thank you.

Reply to: Hayman v Hamilton Is and Qualia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted