We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kangaroo Island to the Barossa

Sydney
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Kangaroo Island to the Barossa

Hello,

I'm travelling from Sydney with my husband and parents. We have 5 nights to see Kangaroo Island (staying at Southern Ocean Lodge) and the Barossa Valley and are wondering how to break it down!

We are planning to do 3 nights at KI, and then arrive back to Adelaide around 11am Tues and drive via Adelaide Hills to the Barossa for 2 nights, having to get back to Adelaide at dinner time on Thursday night.

Do you think this is enough time, or shall we swap it around and do 2 nights at KI and 3 in the Barossa....

Help appreciated!!..Claire

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island
South Australia, Australia
Barossa Valley
Barossa Valley
Adelaide
Adelaide
Greater Adelaide, Australia
Adelaide Hills
Adelaide Hills
Southern Ocean Lodge
Southern Ocean Lodge
677 Reviews
Kangaroo Island, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,728 posts
1,678 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kangaroo Island to the Barossa

Bump.. ..

Your itinerary looks okay to me.. I would consider using most of your time on KI. 3 nights KI & 2 nights Barossa.

Lucky you staying at Southern Lodge !!

Are you driving from Sydney with your own car ?? or are you hiring a car from Adelaide to drive to KI ?

My TR which may also assist you.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255055-i120-k3070…

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Adelaide
Adelaide
Sydney
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kangaroo Island to the Barossa

Thankyou!

I just read your review and I hope it's not too windy or cloudy in Nov when we're there!

We're flying from Syd to Adelaide, and then hopping on a rex flight to Kingscote. I think with the weight restrictions, we will need to leave luggage in a locker at Adelaide airport, which I notice you did - did you find them easy to locate and use? Thanks for that!

And you didn't happen to travel to the Flinders Ranges by any chance?! We head there after the Barossa...Claire

Mentioned in this post
Adelaide
Adelaide
Kingscote
Kingscote
Kangaroo Island, Australia
Barossa Valley
Barossa Valley
Adelaide Airport
Adelaide Airport
West Beach, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,728 posts
1,678 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kangaroo Island to the Barossa

Yes; the luggage lockers are very easy to find across the road from the airport outside the car rentals.

airwise.com/airports/…luggage.html

Yes.. we just went to the Flinders a few weeks ago. Here is my other TR on the Flinders.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255055-i120-k5323…

4. Re: Kangaroo Island to the Barossa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:17