We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury exclusive 5* accomodation

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury exclusive 5* accomodation

None of the 5* hotels seem to be getting good reviews, any suggestions in Adelaide/Nth Adelaide or hills would be appreciated.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,903 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury exclusive 5* accomodation

Adelaide- Medina Grand Treasury

Hills- Mecure Mt Lofty House

or Glenelg Stamford Grand

Would be my choices.

Otherwise there are some fantastic B&Bs - especially around the hills and Southern Vales.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
474 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury exclusive 5* accomodation

Hello Fasta,

I have stayed at both the Medina Treasury (in the city) and Mecure at Mt Lofty.

Both are wonderful hotels, altough different experiences.

At the treasury you have the advantage of a small kitchenette. It is also closer to the centre of the city - that brings with it the normal noise associated with city accom... Parking is a real pain at the Medina and really the only inconvennience we had there.

The rooms were lovely and we had a beautiful breakfast in the courtyard. The dedcor is very modern, but very cleverly done to meld with the heritage buildings. You are close to the Gouger St cafes (5min walk, 10 if you stroll).

Mt Lofty House (in my opinion) was divine. Older/heritage style decor - but beautiful. The room was spacious and very private. Bathroom lovely. I still rave to people about the glorious dessert we had in the restaurant. there! Beakfast overlooking the valley on an Autumn morning just added to the experience.

the service was lovely without being overbearing (I hate that). The surrounds are beautiful.

Of course Mt Lofty House is some distance from the city, so if you are planning on nightly clubbing, maybe not the place for you. The restaurant is not cheap.

I do like good accom and although probably cant afford the REALLY expensive ones (Like Thorngate manor), I felt both of these establishments provided quietly classy surrounds.

Good luck

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury exclusive 5* accomodation

Thanks both for your replies but what we are looking for is something modern and very luxurious (I'm over staying at the "Olde Worlde" B&B's) Not too concerned with the cost, as long is its worth it!

Happy to travel a bit out of Adelaide, but as we will being going to the football on the Saturday night, not too far out.

Thanks for all you advice!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,903 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury exclusive 5* accomodation

fasta - Who said anyhting about olde worlde B&Bs ??. There are lots of modern ones including a traditional japanese ryokan http://www.ryokan-maandini.com/ and another newish one at Mclaren Vale whose name Ive forgotten.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury exclusive 5* accomodation

We recently stay at the Medina Treasury and loved it.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g255093-d257…

its not 5 star plus but its extremely comfortable which is located in a fab position.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,903 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury exclusive 5* accomodation

Well Ive stayed in all 3 of the hotels I listed and have loved each of them.

You know very often its NOT the number of stars on the accommodation that makes the experience its the experience itself.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury exclusive 5* accomodation

totally agree Nozzie.

the best thing about the Treasury is the rooms and charm, plus you have the fab market across the road.

Stamford, you have the beach and wonderful village attached, but you do have those BIG white pointers ....waiting...

Third one....no idea....Fasta, I suggest just stay at the Treasury...for your 5 plus extra...extra comes walking across the road to the markets.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,434 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury exclusive 5* accomodation

Stamford certainly has modern decor

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g255341-d256…

so it will boil down to wheter or not you want city or beach.

The comment re the nightclubs in one of the Stamford reviews can be accurate at peak times....glenelg is a "happening place

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury exclusive 5* accomodation

If your staying down at Glenelg (best choice) I would skip the Stamford Grand and stay at either the Oaks Plaza Pier or the NEWEST one Oaks Liberty Towers...beautiful and luxurious!! I'm like you, i dont mind paying as long as its PERFECT! :-)

www.theoaksgroup.com.au/List.aspx?state=5

OR else in the hills, Warrawee House is 5* at Coromandel Valley, I stayed here on my wedding night and I can assure you it IS luxury at its finest!

www.firstpage.com.au/warrawee/accomoda.htm

Good luck and happy visiting!

Samantha

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury exclusive 5* accomodation

We still have'nt found anything that we are happy with!!!!!

Anybody got any other suggestions - there must be something a bit more special on offer in Adelaide??