We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good spots for photos in Adelaide

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
460 posts
8 reviews
Good spots for photos in Adelaide

Hi All

Could you recommend some nice areas around Adelaide where to take good photos?

Also are there any buildings open to the public where you go up to the top floors to take pictures of the city?

On a separate note do you have you any good recommendations for good coffee and croissants in the city?

and finally is anything open on Sunday?

7 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Good spots for photos in Adelaide

Walk along the Torrens - nice photos especially at night of festival Centre, Adelaide Oval, then Botanic Gardens. A lot of old buildings in CBD with wrought iron work on balconies so remember to look up. Inside photos - Mortlock library. Go up to the rooftop bar at 2KW and you get a panorama view over Torrens, Governor House and Adelaide oval. Montefiori Hill Colonel at North Adelaide for view down to CBD. Mt lofty if you have a car or windy point at Belair. The coast with their jetty etc

Shops in Rundle Mall and Rundle St are open Sundays 11-5pm and Norwood Pde and Harbortown

Coffee, lots of good coffee places in CBD and neighboring suburbs. IN CBD I like My Kingdom for A Horse, Exchange Specialty Coffee or The Loose Caboose just outside of city just to name a couple. Can't remember if they do croissants but they all do breakfasts.

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
105 reviews
2. Re: Good spots for photos in Adelaide

Good coffee and croissants....no doubt...Abbots and Kinney in Pirie street...the best

Adelaide
Level Contributor
271 posts
155 reviews
3. Re: Good spots for photos in Adelaide

I’d agree with abbots and Kinney for the croissants! Nano just off ebenezer Place does a good breakfast (not croissants though) as does Chianti in Hutt St for something a little fancier. Depending on when you’re here get to the Adelaide Central Market too for literally dozens of breakfast options (and croissants too!)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
118 reviews
4. Re: Good spots for photos in Adelaide

Some good suggestions for photography locations in #1, but it really depends what you're after ie architecture, scenery. I do like the views along the Torrens River, and I've taken some nice photos in Glenelg at sunset as well. Personally I think around Adelaide has more photo opportunities eg Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu Peninsula.

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
5. Re: Good spots for photos in Adelaide

In CBD, University of Adelaide is a great spots for photos

Oz
Level Contributor
14,802 posts
50 reviews
6. Re: Good spots for photos in Adelaide

Hi,

If you want to take photos of the city hire a chopper.

Cheers,

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
105 reviews
7. Re: Good spots for photos in Adelaide

What do you like to photograph? There are many lovely scenic locations but, as a photographer myself, it's all a matter of what usually catches your eye... architecture? gardens? people? skylines?

Reply to: Good spots for photos in Adelaide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted