We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Keswick terminal

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Keswick terminal

I'm flying to Adelaide on Friday morning to meet a friend coming on the Ghan from Darwin. My plane gets in two hours before the train.

What's the best way to get to the train terminal? Is there somewhere decent to wait at Keswick?

I searched previous posts but they're pretty old and maybe the info has changed.Google shows me bus and walk options - is it easy to find the bus stop at the airport?

Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
10,257 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Keswick terminal

Greetings

1. I suggest you take a taxi or Uber

2. Keswick train station purely is a train station - I suggest you consider waiting at the airport, and relax with a coffee, presuming you have too many bags to schlep around either Glenelg or the city while you wait for your friend

Bon voyage :-)

AT

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,997 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Keswick terminal

I second the idea from AT about waiting at the airport or elsewhere, rather than at APT (Keswick). Even if the cafe is open, it’s nothing very exciting.

Aim to get there right on time, or call the terminal after you land to see if the service is running on time (better still, get your friend to send a text message after asking onboard staff that morning).

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Keswick terminal

Agree with the above..it is a very short taxi away but airport has more options if you have time to kill

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Keswick terminal

Keswick has no facilities to speak of. Your best bet is to take a bus (there is a public transport double-decker or private operators) or cab from the terminal for the short trip to the CBD. Have a wander around, find a nice cafe in one of the lanes to kill the time and then catch a cab to the rail terminal which is a short distance away.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Keswick terminal

Thanks everyone for your advice. Will either stay at the airport or go into the CBD and then to the station.

Reply to: Airport to Keswick terminal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Adelaide