We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide

Portsmouth
9 posts
1 review
One Day Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide

Hi

I've been searching on the web for Great White Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide and I can only find trips that last 3 days or more. Does anyone know of a company who do single day trip? I don't have enough time or money for the big trips. I'd be looking to do it at the start of November. Failing that, any other wildlife day trips that spring to mind?

Thanks for any help!

Kapiti Coast
Level Contributor
655 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: One Day Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide

HI, we are doing a one day one in August out of Port Lincoln with Calypso. While they do 3 or 4 day ones they also do many 1 days it is just a matter of checking their calendar to see what leaves on what day.

www.calypsostarcharter.com.au/default.htm

Portsmouth
9 posts
1 review
2. Re: One Day Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide

Thanks very much for that. That's certainly helped me get back on track. I had started to think it wasn't possible. I'm travelling from Sydney and I know there are one or two ways to include Port Lincoln in a round trip. Does anyone know of a similar day trip out of Adelaide?

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: One Day Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide

Saw this one advertised in Australian Geographic - 'Whale Shark Eco-tours'.

www.whalesharkdives.com

Portsmouth
9 posts
1 review
4. Re: One Day Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide

That looks fantastic! I forgot to add that I'll be there in November so it looks like that's no good for me. Thanks for the help though. If anyone else uses the link above and it doesn't work, drop the 's' off of the end of the address!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: One Day Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide

As far as I know Port Lincoln is the only place in SA that does regular shark cage dives.

By road it is a good 10 - 12 hours drive from Adelaide (not rushing) or there is the ferry service across Spencer Gulf from Wallaroo to Lucky Bay (near Cowell)

I believe the whole exercise is not cheap. Also getting there can run up some expense also.

The prefereable way to go if you can afford it is by Air from Adelaide To Port Lincoln with several return flights daily.

John

Portsmouth
9 posts
1 review
6. Re: One Day Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide

Thanks for that. I was beginning to suspect that Port Lincoln was the only option and, as you mention, the cost was pushing me to find out if there was an Adelaide alternative. Oh well at least I know now so I can put a price together and try justify it to myself!

Thanks for travel info as well. I had already looked at Regional Express for flights but the ferry option might be interesting, if I have the time.

Thanks everyone for being so helpful!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: One Day Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide

Further to the ferry option. It is mainly a vehicular ferry and there is not much at Lucky Bay on the western side of Spencer Gulf and it is still a couple of hundred ks to Port Lincoln from there so you would really need a hire car.

My neighbour has booked for a day shark cage dive in twoweeks time and it is costing him just under $400.

John

Port Lincoln
Level Contributor
176 posts
99 reviews
8. Re: One Day Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide

The Calypso Star Shark Dive costs $495.00. You;re heart will definitely be pumping when you get in the cage, its an amazing experience. You could also Swim with the Sealions/Tuna - www.adventurebaycharters.com.au.

Port Lincoln
Level Contributor
176 posts
99 reviews
9. Re: One Day Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide

You can also swim with giant cuttlefish at Whyalla - phone the Visitor Information Centre at Whyalla on 1800 088 589.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
10. Re: One Day Shark Cage Diving out of Adelaide

The road trip down to Port Lincoln is not too long we usually do it in aound 7- 8 hours tops. It is well worth the trip to dive with the sharks . I'd suggest you try to fit in some other activities while you are there though.Port Lincoln is a happening place with lots on offer and loads of fun things to do. Rex offer $99 flights at times too if you are really strapped for time.

Check out the port lincoln visitor info site on www.visitportlincoln.net