We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winery Tour - easy to book the day before

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Winery Tour - easy to book the day before

I will be arriving in Adelaide on Fri 23rd Oct early afternoon, and will have the next day to do a winery tour.

I will be staying at the Adelaide Rendezvous Allegra. Do you think that the hotel be able to book up a winery tour for the day after I arrive quite easily... or do I really need to book a tour before I leave the UK for Australia.

Thanks Dave

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winery Tour - easy to book the day before

There are a number of winery tours from Adelaide, which your hotel can book. Try viator.com.au who offer a Barossa Valley wine tour.

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winery Tour - easy to book the day before

Fridays are a popular day for the chauffeur companies as locals often take the day off for a barossa tour. To get the best tour operators I would definitely recommend booking now.

A good list of tour operators can be found at http://www.southaustralia.com/search.aspx?search-category=tour&accommodationStyle=*&search-region=Barossa&search-town=*&search-field=

my personal favourite is Jan from Barossa Getaway tours who collects you in a 1963 Chevrolet Belair but there are also Daimler and other classic car tours.

My advice is to get a personalised tour, tell the driver the types of wines you want to find and they will take you to the right places. Otherwise you will possibly end up being taken to toy factories and other places which may not interest you at all.

If you want to let me know a little bit more about what types of wineries you like to see I can perhaps recommend an operator? also budget ?

thanks!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winery Tour - easy to book the day before

wow... www.southaustralia.com is a good link.. thank you... sat 24th oct will be my tour day..

There are so many tours available..I dont know which one to choose.

I don't really want one which provides lots of food, just different winerys, and i also dont want to be driven around in a limousine.

Maybe I will go for the ultimate barrosa valley wine tour

Dave

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winery Tour - easy to book the day before

Just looking around her on trip advisor, and found a very good review for this company.. it may be a bit more expensive, but they take you where you want to go, without any hasssle it seems. The reviewer did 10 winerys with this company... blimey I will be under the table if I did that :)

http://www.barossatours.com.au/

5. Re: Winery Tour - easy to book the day before

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2010, 04:17