We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Left luggage in Adelaide

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Left luggage in Adelaide

I'm flying in from Sydney and I don't want to take my luggage with me to the cricket.

I see there are supposed to be left luggage facilities at the train station. Do these still exist?

Is there anywhere else to leave my luggage for the day?

Thanks for your help.

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Left luggage in Adelaide

Train Station? and you are flying in? just wonder why you want to leave it at the train station rather than the airport?

google is your friend: adelaideairport.com.au/air-travel/…services0

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
875 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Left luggage in Adelaide

TW, I suspect Margo is heading straight to the cricket at the Adelaide Oval and won't want to have to go back to the airport to get her luggage afterwards...

Edited: 21 November 2012, 04:14
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Left luggage in Adelaide

Yep - that's true!

I leave to head south after the cricket - didn't want to go back to the airport!

Edited: 21 November 2012, 10:37
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Left luggage in Adelaide

Well...I'll answer this myself...so it's there in case anyone else is interested.

There are luggage lockers in the main railway station in town (not the interstate station!)

They are a few steps off, towards the bottom of the ramp entrance to the station. They are coin operated and I only had to read the instructions about 5 times to work out what the hell they wanted me to do.

You pay an initial amount (in coins or notes) and pay the balance when you return. When I finally got my brain around it all, they worked quite well.

Edited: 27 November 2012, 01:53
Canberra, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Left luggage in Adelaide

Unfortunately the luggage lockers at the main Adelaide Railway Station (North Terrace) are no longer available.

I was in Adelaide on 21 October 2013 and hoping to use the lockers. While the signage on the few steps off to the left at the bottom of the ramp still remain, staff confirmed they were no longer in use.

They pointed me to the lockers at the central bus station (85 Franklin St), used by interstate and country coaches. These lockers do not accept notes, only coins.

6. Re: Left luggage in Adelaide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 04:16