We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Reporting

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Reporting

Hello all,

well, we are finally back in South Australia and have spent the last few days in Adelaide and the Adelaide Hills.

Arrived Friday night and naturally our first priority for Saturday was Adelaide Central Markets which was awesome as usual :-) Arrived at about 10 am and parking was easy, the markets busy but not yet crowded.

In the afternoon we visited St Kilda (what a gem) - did the Mangrove Walk and admired the Adventure Playground, then we visited Semaphore and (lovely) Largs Bay and wandered down to Glenelg.

…blogspot.com.au/2013/03/day-2-adelaide-cent…

The last couple of days have been spent in the Adelaide Hills. Sunday at The Cedars and antique shopping at Strathalbyn aka Strath. Lunch at the Appleseed Cafe, Dinner at the White House Hahndorf: both great.

…blogspot.com.au/2013/03/day-3-cedars-and-st…

Monday was pretty chilled, just a visit to Mt Lofty Summit and Otto's bakery and some stressing about a forgotten handbag.

…blogspot.com.au/2013/03/day-4-lazy-hahndorf…

We've been staying at Amble at Hahndorf and agree with everyone else that it's a great place to stay. The attention to detail here is impressive to say the least.

Today we are off to the Barossa, just for a day trip :-) then we fly down to Kangaroo Island for 4 nights.

I've included photos on the blog so just click on a photo and browse through them all, or read at your leisure.

thanks to all who ask questions and answer them on the forums, it has been very helpful for our planning.

regards, Snodge

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Reporting

Great Report Snodge. I also love the Central Markets and Hahndorf.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,757 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Reporting

Love your Blog Snodge.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Reporting

Thanks beach8um and perthite :-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Reporting

hi Snodge,

As usual an excellent TR which is always enjoyable to read. Hubby & I were in Adelaide last week in the heatwave ! I'm another fan of the Central Markets & the fab restaurants located in Grote & Gouger Streets. I can't wait to read your next TR on Kangaroo Island. Love all your photo's too !

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Reporting

Thanks Snodge !

Looking forward to more !

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Reporting

Hi again everyone,

we are home and after dealing with an unfolding disaster last night have commenced catching up on our holiday reporting.

We had a very enjoyable but from a tourism point of view fairly tame day in the Barossa. I surrendered control and just went with the flow and let Hubby and Step-mum rule the day (can you believe that! No itinerary... how on earth did I, Mrs manic over planner, cope?). We visit mainly Angaston with lunch at the Roaring 40s cafe which was expensive but very good; sampled the wares at Sunrise Bakery and D & M Cafe Bakery (the better of the two by a long way), wandered aimlessly and going round in circles, checking out the scenery which was, of course, wearing it's end of summer attire of golden khaki; made a stop at Maggie Beer's Farm Shop which was very relaxing and pleasant on a warm day and where temptation is particularly difficult to deny, then home to enjoy the musk lorikeets in the flowering mugga ironbark.

…blogspot.com.au/2013/03/day-5-barossa-valle…

I will post reports on Kangaroo Island on the KI forum, and link the thread here.

regards Snodge

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Reporting

Hi again,

our trip continues on Kangaroo Island reports posted here:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255095-i1995-k…

8. Re: Trip Reporting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 04:15