We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from adelaide

British columbia
Level Contributor
89 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from adelaide

I will have a couple of extra days after a week in adelaide and would like to do a day trip OUTSIDE of adelaide but don't have a car and don't want to drive on the left side anyway. Are there any good day trips anyone can recommend. I could also spend a night away. Technically I have two full days and a night to do this. Thanks.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,608 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from adelaide

Well my advice win that time frame would be to take a trip to Kangaroo Island, Take a look here. http://www.sealink.com.au/

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from adelaide

If you love a bit of adventure you can swim with Tuna and/or Sea Lions on day trips from Port Lincoln.

Short flight direct from Adelaide and simply taxi to the hotel and you can be collected from there for the trip or a short taxi ride if necessary. Very easy to do !

www.adventurebaycharters.com.au

www.swimwiththetuna.com.au

Edited: 21 June 2013, 08:28
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,184 posts
1,433 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from adelaide

excellent ideas from Nozzie & Yachtgal...

another option is the Barossa Valley & Clare Valley especially if you like wine,

www.winerytoursaustralia.com.au/…

primeminitours.com/category/barossa-tours

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from adelaide

All the ideas work well for your time frame. Easy to get around. Kangaroo Island probably better in the Spring and on, Barossa Valley is great all year with stacks of good Bed & breakfast and motel type accommodation. Depends a bit on the time of year your doing it and what you like.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from adelaide

Try Hahndorf!

6. Re: Day trips from adelaide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 05:15