We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get from adelaide to strathalbyn & vice versa

Western Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
how to get from adelaide to strathalbyn & vice versa

Hi all we are travelling to Adelaide for 3 nights and need to be in Strathalbyn on a Saturday and back at the airport Sunday morning. From what I can see the bus only runs Mon - Fri for this route. I was hoping to avoid hiring a car does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,717 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get from adelaide to strathalbyn & vice versa

As it is only 57kms from the centre of Adelaide, I am sure you could grab a cab, although a hire car would be cheaper.

Otherwise, contact the Strathalbyn Tourist Bureau - they may have some ideas...

Strathalbyn Tourist Information Centre

Railway Station South Tce

Strathalbyn SA 5255

Telephone: (08) 8536 3212

Western Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get from adelaide to strathalbyn & vice versa

Thanks fellow Perth traveller. A cab looks to be over $100 each way!! There are buses but they only have a timetable for Mon to Fri...

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get from adelaide to strathalbyn & vice versa

Hire a car from the airport... easier and cheaper... it's a lovely drive if you take the back roads as well.

4. Re: how to get from adelaide to strathalbyn & vice versa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 07:19