We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended cafes for breakfast please

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
234 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended cafes for breakfast please

Will be coming for Womadelaide next year, and although I have my accommodation booked, the rate does not include breakfast. Rather than have a mediocre breakfast at high cost in the hotel, would like recommendations for a nice place along North Terrace or Rundle Street. More into decent coffee and fresh bread/croissants/pastries rather than a full cooked meal. Any help much appreciated, and thank you.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,143 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended cafes for breakfast please

Along North Terrace Parlamento http://www.parlamento.com.au/ would be my choice - though its not open Sunday mornings.

Cibo in Rundle Street is another good one and they are open early every day. ciboespresso.com.au/index.php/…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,322 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended cafes for breakfast please

Another vote for Cibo - especially if coffee and pastry is your thing. Very big fan.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended cafes for breakfast please

...and if coffee and pastry is not your thing, you just might starve!

I walked miles on Sunday morning a year or so ago, looking for a decent breakfast.

Langley City, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended cafes for breakfast please

Where is Cibo restaurant located?

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended cafes for breakfast please

there is probably 20 around airport city and suburbs so shouldn't be too difficult to find one

have never been to one

are they any good?

Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended cafes for breakfast please

Please don't go to Cibo, look in the streets behind Rundle... Ebenezer place is home to many great cafes where they actually use single origin coffee and will have great breakys on offer! Try Hey Jupiter cafe or Exchange or even Nano if you're in the mood for something hearty and Italian. There is a world of food in Adelaide, please don't judge us off Cibo! If you are up for the walk, East Terrace Continental is great too!

North Adelaide...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended cafes for breakfast please

Mediterranean Mezza.. Fabulous cafe in melbourne street north adelaide. . Walking distance from the city.. Fully cooked to order ala carte breakfast from 7 am.. Lunch and dinner also great food great atmosphere.. Open till late.. The lady chefs their are amazing a must visit cafe..

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,143 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended cafes for breakfast please

A bit of self promotion here??

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended cafes for breakfast please

I've looked for coffee and something for breakfast often in this part of Adelaide, I know its a chain but Hudsons on the cnr of King William and Hindley st (opposite Rundle Mall)

They do great coffee and toasted sandwiches plus some muffins, certainly hearty enough to get you through your morning, and very reasonably priced, fast service too.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
118 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended cafes for breakfast please

Hi

My 1st recommendation would be jump on the tram or take a nice stroll up King william street to the 'Central markets' for brekkie, check out 'LUCIA'S' an institution in adelaide. But the central markets generally have so many great choices for coffee, food and atmosphere 100% and unique! Also just behind the markets is Gouger st another hub for food.

Rundle street has options but not my first choice. But if this is where you want to go i would say 'Felici'.

Personal favourite for great coffee, casual atmosphere and simple brekkie fair that taste great is ' CIAO' coffee bar in the Adelaide arcade (just off rundle mall) beautiful old building and lovely atmosphere and an easy walk from North terrace.