We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days or 3 days drive..

Which Adelaide hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
2 days or 3 days drive..

Hi All,

It's my first time to Adelaide. I am seeking advice if what I have planned for driving can be covered within 2 days or at least 3 days tops.. or can there be any other places i can add in to avoid double trips within this routes...

Day 1- Adelaide Hills+Hahndorf Village+ Victor Harbor+Adelaide Gaol

Day 2 - Mount Lofty + Whispering Wall+ Barossa Valley + Port Adelaide..

Thanks!

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days or 3 days drive..

Adelaide gaol and Port Adelaide can't be added to your days

they need another day

leave early for each days drive

day 1 drive south through southern vales wine region to Victor Harbour for lunch and back through Hahndorf for dinner and possibly calling in to the Mt Lofty lookout before coming down from the hills

day 2 if you haven"t been to Mt Lofty then start there and drive through the hills to Whispering Wall and Barossa

day 3 Adelaide City sites and Gaol and Port Adelaide

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days or 3 days drive..

Hi mate,

Thanks for the advice! I will rearrange the plan.... I will be in Adelaide for 7 days, hence I will be covering Adelaide city sites/Gaol and Port Adelaide during the first 4-5 days using the Adelaide Metro...and am only renting a vehicle for 2 days to cover the outskirts...will the 2 days rental be sufficient? As I am staying in Hindley Street i understand parking is expensive..hence I decided to use Adelaide Metro for within Adelaide itself... What's your opinion?

Please do advice..

Thanks!

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days or 3 days drive..

you could walk to the Gaol from Hindley Street and there would be a bus to the Port

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days or 3 days drive..

Sure, thanks

5. Re: 2 days or 3 days drive..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 06:19