We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Adelaide airport sell sim cards?

Worcester
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Do Adelaide airport sell sim cards?

I'm due to fly out to Adelaide, Australia on Tuesday and was wondering if I could get a sim card from the airport? I'll only be there for one night before flying to Kangaroo Island the next morning so won't have time to look around the town for one.

I did buy an australian vodafone sim card from ebay but found out today it was a micro sim whereas I need a mini sim for my iphone so am in a bit of a panic as to how to get hold of one in time.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,573 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do Adelaide airport sell sim cards?

Adelaide Airport has Newslink news agents that sell SIM cards, but depending on how late you arrive, it may not be open.

Where are you staying? There's a bunch of convenience stores open 24hrs around the CBD, and they too sell SIM cards. And be sure to get credit also.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,048 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do Adelaide airport sell sim cards?

My question is do you intend to use the phone on KI?

be aware that many remote areas such as KI in Australia are covered by Telstra, other carriers may have patchy servies if any at all, so it maybe worthwhile to do a coverage check of the sim you are considering.

Vodaphone, has improved its game but here in Aus you get much better coverage with telstra or Optus.

Edited: 09 November 2013, 20:42
3. Re: Do Adelaide airport sell sim cards?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 05:17