We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to the Airport

Which Adelaide hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
293 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to the Airport

Hihi

Our flight leaves Adelaide airport on Sat, 2.30pm. The recommended check in time is 12.30pm.

What time should we leave Hahndorf if we would be stopping for refuelling (and maybe a car wash), and returning the rental car (at the airport) before check in?

I have been using whereis.com to estimate driving times. Is this website reliable? Are traffic congestions the norm or the exception on Sat afternoons? Current plan is to leave Hahndorf around 11 or 11.30am.

Appreciate all advice, thanks!

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to the Airport

11 - 11.30 should give you plenty of time

Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to the Airport

Thanks, that sets my mind at ease.

Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving to the Airport

Hi! I just realised that my travel dates coincide with the Adelaide Royal Show. Is this a major event, and is it likely to cause major congestion on the roads in the city? Any advice on how to avoid the jams?

Thanks =p

adelaide
Level Contributor
274 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving to the Airport

You may be held up 5- 10 minutes around Greenhill Rd (near the Showgrounds) but you would make up time elsewhere as it is Saturday morning. I certainly wouldn't be washing a rental car,unless you have been offroading. One hour is plenty of time from Hahndorf to airport.

Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving to the Airport

Thanks, that was useful to know! 5-10 minutes doesn't sound too bad. I probably won't need to plan an alternative road then...

6. Re: Driving to the Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 05:25