We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early hour car drop off

Which Adelaide hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PETALING JAYA
Level Contributor
157 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Early hour car drop off

Hi.I have a 6 am flight out of Adelaide and was wondering how I would be able t drop off the rental car and then get to the airport. East Coast said on their site that one could drop off at their "Profix" car park (??) but how would that work? Would anyone have any advice, please?

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,553 posts
1,326 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early hour car drop off

I suggest you call the car rental company directly for information

PETALING JAYA
Level Contributor
157 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early hour car drop off

Thanks, adelaidiantraveller. Of course! Well, I just called them and they said to call a txi to meet me there. Hmmm... why didn't I think of that either?

PETALING JAYA
Level Contributor
157 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early hour car drop off

Hi all. Just in case someone else has a similar inquiry: I also called the Avis people who said to leave the car at their car park at the airport and drop the key in a box at their airport counter. Solved!

Edited: 11 February 2014, 07:05
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,713 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early hour car drop off

Take photos

one of the biggest complaints on TA relates to unmonitored car drop offs

:)

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early hour car drop off

One of the other big complaints is how to hire a Toyota Camry for $40 per day! I'm looking to get a car in Adelaide soon and I can't get anywhere near this price

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,287 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early hour car drop off

Glenn Budget will give you a Commodore for $40.00 per day with Qantas FF points -or with other discount vouchers (eg Entertainment Book, Seniors cCard ) which is what we use. Look at the Vroom Vroom website.

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early hour car drop off

Thanks nozzie, I don't think Budget will allow me to take the vehicle out of the state. Will check out Vroom Vroom though

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early hour car drop off

Why would Budget limit you from taking the car outside South Australia? This seems quite uncommon for the major rental providers. I did a trial booking on budget.com and while the rate was horrible ($105/day) it showed unlimited km's and no state limitations except a no-go for Kangaroo Island on the ferry. Are you saying that with deep discount vouchers they add a state restriction?

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Early hour car drop off

Hi Jeremy, I did a check with Budget for the dates that I want, 2 weeks from March19, and every vehicle was booked according to them. I just assumed that they wouldn't allow an Adelaide pick up and Melbourne drop off

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,250 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Early hour car drop off

G'day Glenn,

So you've confirmed the GOR drive after your concert?