We'll be visiting Adelaide in July for 7 nights (flying from Brisbane), we're 2 adults in late 30s.
It is our first trip to Adelaide.
So far, we're considering places like central market, north terrace/art gallery, maybe the zoo to see pandas, KI is still deciding, Adelaide Hills, Barossa, possibly Murray River and/or Flinders Ranges.
We may try to go to the AFL game in Sat night (which would be our 4th day) at Adelaide Oval.
We are still getting some understanding and ideas of the areas, and if we could get some advice on these things below, that'd be wonderful.
- stay in CBD for 7 nights or divide into 4 nights/3 nights in CBD and surroundings?
- if staying the same place for 7 nights, would CBD be better(more convenient) base than Adelaide Hills?
- if to stay at winery region for a few nights, would you recommend Barossa or Clare Valley?
*kangaroo island in winter*
- if we only have 7 nights in total and given it'll be winter, should we skip KI this time and save it for next time we can visit in summer? or should we still go even if only for a day or two and won't be able to enjoy the beaches?
*trams/buses/bicycle in CBD*
- would July be too cold to hire bikes? would it be a good idea for sightseeing?
- is many CBD places within walking distance from each other? or should we be getting like a day pass?
- is Adelaide Hills more suitable for a day trip given its pretty close from CBD or is it more of a place where you should we stay a couple of nights to see all the area?
- if doing Barossa and Adelaide Hills, should Clare Valley still be in the list to visit?
* Murray river and/or Flinders Ranges*
- is it too much/too far to visit these places on this visit? Are these places durable as a day trip?
- if we can only do one of these, which one would you recommend and why?
We're not interested in shopping too much, and prefer spending time outside other than visiting the gallery. We don't mind walking/biking, hopefully in fine weather.
We do have a birthday to celebrate in latter half of our stay, so we are thinking of visiting winery region possibly then, whether as a day trip or over a couple of nights.
Any/all advice and ideas would be much appreciated :-)
Many thanks in advance!