We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable accommodation for family of 4

Which Adelaide hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable accommodation for family of 4

Hi we have to take our son to Adelaide for medical appointments and we are trying to find affordable accommodation.... As soon as we say we have 2 kids the price almost doubles! We are hoping to stay near Adelaide, don't mind if it is on the outskirts. Does anyone know if any good value places that have rooms that sleep 4, 2 queens or 1 queen and 1 double.. Must be clean, on our last a a visit it was just me and my son and we booked into what we thought was a nice hotel only to be given a filthy dog box that stunk of mildew, we had to request a new room as the smell was making us feel sick... The rooms looked absolutely nothing like the photos on the internet true false advertising ! So cleanliness is a must, it also needs to have free parking... Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable accommodation for family of 4

Which hospital/area are your medical appointments at?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,544 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable accommodation for family of 4

Hello

Could you be so kind to perhaps elaborate on 'affordable'? If you could put it into dollar terms per night, that would be a big assistance to us giving you recommendations.

Where are your medical appointments?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,544 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable accommodation for family of 4

Apologies BB, didn't see your post and I've doubled up.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable accommodation for family of 4

I assume Womens and Childrens Hospital; North Adelaide.

Have you looked at caravan park cabins. levipark.com.au/8594/… or http://www.adelaidecaravanpark.com.au/

Both of these are very close to the city and ideal for families IMO.

Edited: 16 June 2014, 12:39
adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable accommodation for family of 4

when will you be in Adelaide as that will affect prices

parking is difficult and expensive at or near the childrens hospital and attracts frequent complaints in the media here

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable accommodation for family of 4

Around Adelaide children's hospital.. I think that us north Adelaide? But we will have a car so were happy to travel.. I was hoping around $200 per night max for something clean and nice? Is this possible? We have managed to get accommodation for a couple of nights but the place was booked over the weekend so it is for the Friday and sat night in August 8. & 9 th.

I will check out the caravan park suggested above.

Thank you

Edited: 16 June 2014, 16:50
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,544 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable accommodation for family of 4

Hello again,

I'm not sure where you've been looking that's doubled your rate for 2Ad/2Ch, but $200/night is a decent budget for August in Adelaide.

* Mantra Hindmarsh Square - 48hr Sale on at the moment, starting at $148 plus $40 for extra person. - including Free Parking and Late Checkout. For your dates, it simply can't be beaten for value.

* Mantra on Frome - Room Only Rate for $199/night, Queen Bed and Two Singles

* iStay Precinct - 2 Night Minimum Stay at $169/night, 2 King Beds or 1Double plus 2 Singles

8. Re: Affordable accommodation for family of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 22:20
Edited: 16 June 2014, 22:20
9. Re: Affordable accommodation for family of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 22:20
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Affordable accommodation for family of 4

Friends visiting Adelaide from overseas (husband, wife, two children) recently stayed at the Oaks Horizons -North Terrace, Adelaide.

This is an apartment hotel, so you also have your own kitchen and laundry in the apartment, not just a room, choices are one or two bedroom.

Our friends had no complaints that they voiced to us, having a kitchen would help save expense, the hotel has free parking, is very conveniently located, and they are advertising two bedroom deluxe apartments from $169.

www.oakshotelsresorts.com/oaks-horizons/…

Also seems to get a decent review here at TA: tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g255093-d288…