We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Barossa

Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Barossa

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip for my parent as they'll be travelling to Adelaide end of July. I think it would be good to visit Barossa and areas nearby but I don't think my parent are dare to drive in Australia as this is their first time there. Does anyone has any idea which tour agent provide nice day tour to Barossa? Or any good private tour recommended? I'm thinking whether I should book an accommodation for my parent at Barossa, but not sure how they can travel around there to explore the area.

Your suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Adelaide
Adelaide
Greater Adelaide, Australia
Barossa Valley
Barossa Valley
South Australia, Australia
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
10,209 posts
1,351 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Barossa

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255093-i698-k7298…

Here's a recent thread on wine touring

If you are not confident about driving, several tour operators offer guided tours

Bon voyage:)

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Barossa

I'm hearing a lot of good things about Tour Barossa

http://www.tourbarossa.com.au/

they are winning awards and receiving a lot of good social media feedback.

Mentioned in this post
Barossa Valley
Barossa Valley
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Barossa

There is far more to the barossa than the wineries...ensure you get a tour that shows them some of the countryside and the towns such as angaston or tanunada. The area around maranana and seppeltfield winery are very pretty and of historical interest. There is a lovely lookout at menglers hill over the valley near angaston.

Tourstogo has a good full day tour that includes lunch and goes to the barossa to 2 wineries and in the afternoon to handorf german village in the adelaide hills with time to wander around the shops which toursits seem to like. There are many other tours to choose from...just take a look at what they include. And tell them to rug up as its colder in the barossa and hills than in the city....♡

PS check if they have city hotel pick up or do they have to meet a bus somewhere..some leave near rundle mall in king william street I think. They will need a central location...the tram and bee line bus is free with in the terraces, city boundary, just get on and off.

Edited: 05 July 2014, 11:48
Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Barossa

Hi all,

Thanks for your help. I have one more question. I've decided to book a day tour instead of staying at Barossa. However, I'm not sure I should make it a Barossa + Hanhdorf tour or Barossa day tour + Hanhdorf half day tour the next day. I don't want it to be too rush for my parent and I hope that they can enjoy the scenery during their visit to Barossa.

Can anyone who joined a day tour to Barossa, advise on which tour company and tour which offer nice and relax tour (places visited are pictureque)?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Barossa Valley
Barossa Valley
Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,209 posts
1,351 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Barossa

Note that you can visit Hahndorf using regular public transport- it would be easy to take a bus to Hahndorf, then explore the Main Street, which is the principal attraction; the other local attraction is the Cedars (former home of famous artist Hans Heysen)

Enjoy:)

Mentioned in this post
Hahndorf
Hahndorf
Adelaide Hills, Australia
The Cedars
The Cedars
202 Reviews
Hahndorf, Australia
Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Barossa

Hi adelaidiantraveller,

The public transport u mean is it bus? Where can i take the bus? Where can i get the bus schedule? Thanks.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,209 posts
1,351 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Barossa

Here's the Adelaide public transport trip planner:

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/jp/plan

And here's the details of the Visitor Pass:

adelaidemetro.com.au/Visitor-Pass-Campaign/H…

Bon voyage:)

Mentioned in this post
Adelaide
Adelaide
Greater Adelaide, Australia
8. Re: Visiting Barossa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 11:17