We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adelaide Public Transport

Which Adelaide hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,774 posts
1,330 reviews
Save Topic
Adelaide Public Transport

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au

Here's the link for the Adelaide Public Transport system website

It's a useful research tool for visitors- with an interactive trip planner, as well as maps and timetables

Besides transporting millions of locals each year, the system allows visitors to travel to tourist areas at moderate cost

Here's some highlights:

1. The Glenelg Tram- takes you from the City to Glenelg in about 20 minutes

2. The bus to Hahndorf- this historic village is readily accessible

3. The North East O-Bahn busway- takes you from the City along the picturesque River Torrens Linear Park

4. The JetBus- economical transport between the Airport and the City

Visitors can purchase a three day unlimited travel pass at a moderate price- the WH Smith shop at Adelaide Airport is a good place for new arrivals to buy one

Bon voyage!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adelaide Public Transport

Fantastic info..thanks..useful for residents also...the trip planner is useful..wish they would build one central bus station as in every other city. You have to walk all over town to get a bus here. And the car parks at many stations are not big enough and impossiboe for larger vehicles like mine. I parked out on the road as I couldnt get into one and ended up with ticket!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adelaide Public Transport

Good idea for a post...I'd like to see it listed permanently on the right as a FAQ.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,774 posts
1,330 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adelaide Public Transport

I've added this thread to "What's the best way to get around Adelaide..."

Thanks Ranger_Aust for the suggestion:)

4. Re: Adelaide Public Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 05:16