We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip Jan 2013

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Planning a trip Jan 2013

I'm picking KI as my annual hol. I have been there but my partner as not. It is , I'm afraid it's going to have to be a budget affair and in the 10 or 11 days want ot stay in three different places - one in the east, one in the west and one in the middle. Last visit I remember so much driving, just to get home before dusk and void car warranty issues. Any suggestions of where to stay would be appreciated. 4 star is not our thing and caravan cabins are ok as long as they are clean. Equally, less salubrious establishments/ motels/ resorts welcome, again as long as they are clean. Between wildlife visits we both like to fish and I will certainly have a flyrod or two on board. Anyone know of any fly fishing enthusiests on KI. Or places that are located within walk of rivers/bays where some onshore fishing can be carried out. And I assume there are charter boats that operate. Any names here. Appreciate any help. Thanks John and Lynn

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip Jan 2013

Western KI Caravan Park is lovely and very close to Flinders Chase. Hanson Bay Cabins are another good option.

Sorry I don't know of any fly-fishing but I am sure that some locals might have some ideas.

Fishing Charters? I would recommend a night with Wallaby Bob as an experience.. he's a true character and it might be a fun night out

http://wallabybobs.com.au/

He also has VERY reasonable accommodation so definitely take a look. He's a mad fisherman so you'd have a lot in common.

Mentioned in this post
Hanson Bay Cabins
Hanson Bay Cabins
82 Reviews
Kangaroo Island, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip Jan 2013

Thanks TW - Wallaby's full but have 3 stays around the island starting Dec 27 for 11 days. Most expensive was $150 a night so am very pleased. I think airline tax has been the most expensive part so far; Grrr!! Cheers JT

3. Re: Planning a trip Jan 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Kangaroo Island