We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KI with twin boys aged 4; staying within Flinders Chase NP?

Adelaide, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
KI with twin boys aged 4; staying within Flinders Chase NP?

Hi,

I am an Adelaidean who has never been to KI! (tut tut) and looking at changing this by travelling over to KI in April with my twin boys who have just turned 4.

We will go for 3 nights. Is there enough to do for younger kids?

Also I am considering staying in a cottage within the Flinders Chase national park. Would this be ok or am I better off staying somewhere like Kingscote? Another option is to stay one night in the NP for the experience and the other 2 nights in Kingscote.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,685 posts
1,329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KI with twin boys aged 4; staying within Flinders Chase NP?

I feel sure you will be able to fill the available time:)

One attraction I highly recommend is the Paul's Place wildlife sanctuary- I thought it was well organised, and geared to children's interests.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,685 posts
1,329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KI with twin boys aged 4; staying within Flinders Chase NP?

And, remember that Flinders Chase and Kingscote are at opposite ends of the island. It would pay to consider staying part of the time in different places, so you can have an itinerary which allows you to see all the attractions which interest you, without having to travel back to the same base each day.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,685 posts
1,329 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KI with twin boys aged 4; staying within Flinders Chase NP?

If your boys would like to go sand boarding, Little Sahara at Vivonne Bay is a great experience.

Just down the road from there is Seal Bay.

Another fun activity would be to try fishing from the Penneshaw jetty.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,685 posts
1,329 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KI with twin boys aged 4; staying within Flinders Chase NP?

Note this interesting TR:

tripadvisor.com.au/…38197379

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,556 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KI with twin boys aged 4; staying within Flinders Chase NP?

Definitely split your trip if you can. The best time to see the Remarkable Rocks etc is early or late in the day and you don't want to be driving back to Kingscote on the highway before/after those times. I suggest staying at the Wilderness Resort or the Western KI Caravan Park for one or two nights and then relocate to Kingscote. Drive down on the south coast road and explore and perhaps back via the middle road or nip up to explore Stokes bay (always a hit with kids)

6. Re: KI with twin boys aged 4; staying within Flinders Chase NP?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Kangaroo Island