We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cradle Mt: where do you eat at night???

Australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Cradle Mt: where do you eat at night???

Would someone be able to tell me about the evening dining options at Cradle Mt. My husband and I are staying at Voyages, Cradle Mt. Are we locked into eating at their restaurant or, are there other options? Any help greatly appreciated.

Cygnet, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cradle Mt: where do you eat at night???

Bad news Aussie on the Cradle front.. we stayed there a couple of years ago and found it impossible to find a decent place to eat. We ended up at the Lodge which was expensive but the food was okay, we did have to wait for a table because the restaurant was booked solid even on a weekday..

Maybe book before you go??

Australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cradle Mt: where do you eat at night???

Thanks for the advice starz.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,937 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cradle Mt: where do you eat at night???

What accom type do you have...some has small kitchenettes so you can slef cater

Australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cradle Mt: where do you eat at night???

Hi guruswife,

A 'Pencil Pine Cabin'. Thanks for suggestion but, on such a short trip with husband though, don't feel like cooking.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,937 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cradle Mt: where do you eat at night???

Pencil Pine cabins have full facilities...we had one for our Honeymoon albeit 20 years ago...

In those days CM was an isolated lodge and a few cabins and everything was cooked fresh on the premises or grown nearby (even the milk was local in pails) so we ate in the lodge......and it was devine...waking to the smell of freshly baking bread from wood fire ovens.......

(That's why we can't go back!!)

I do understand the not want to cook...for your first night another option maybe to get prepareds in a supermarket or foodhall before you arrive. By a platsic disposable fridge bag in the Supermarket and go from there....

6. Re: Cradle Mt: where do you eat at night???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 19:19