We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cosy cabins

Kyogle, Australia
Level Contributor
600 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
cosy cabins

Two couples planning tassie holiday in early august. One couple have been on two previous occasions in the month of Feb. Any feedback on the Cosy Cottages around Tassie, and what are they lke at Cradle Mtn? I have done so much research on accommodation here there and everywhere it gets a bit confusing. We plan to tour for about 12 days. At that time of year are we best to orgaise say first 2 nights then jst free lance it around as prices will be cheaper??? Not sure yet whether we will fly into Launceston or Hobart. ( depends on air fare prices from brisbane).

Prestige Leisure Tours
Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Sightseeing Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Food Tours
Wineglass Bay Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Woolnorth Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Sydney
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cosy cabins

We stayed in Cosy Cabins around Tassie. They are small but quite comfortable for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We booked in advance as in Dec/Jan they are often booked out. Should be easier in August. Good luck

Kyogle, Australia
Level Contributor
600 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cosy cabins

Thanks rosie for your response. I believe there are cabins and some of their parks have cottages. A staff member from Cosy Cabins actually rang me after an enquiry I made, and explained that the 2 bedroom cottages are bigger than the cabins and may suit our situation of 4 adults. Just curious to hear if anyone out there has had any experience at staying in these around tasi. any other input would be greatful. Plus any other info from people who have travelled around tasi in the month of august.

Cheers for now

Brisbane Region...
Level Contributor
40 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cosy cabins

A few years ago we (2 Adults and 2 Kids) stayed in Cosy Cabins all around Tasmania and found that they were good value for money and the staff were always helpful and friendly. All were neat and clean. We booked in advance(April).

australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cosy cabins

I have stayed at the cosy cabins just outside launceston, i found them to be clean and tidy.

Kyogle, Australia
Level Contributor
600 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cosy cabins

Thanks everyone for your input. I guess closer towards August, I will do further research . As it will be winter and accommodation will be easy to obtain, we may go for the option of bookng for the first 2 nights, and then depending on the weather which direction we decide to travel around tassie. Admittedly Cosy Cabins have their flexi holidays where you only need to book the first night then you can be flexible on your stopovers depending on how far you travel, yet still get reasonable rates for your accomoodation.

Any other input on this matter would always be appreciateive.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cosy cabins

You probably should be ok in August booking accomodation along the way as this is not in any schools holidays (australia wide). But I would suggest for certain places eg Freycinet national park make sure you have a list of accommodations before you go, it is a popular place but not 100s of hotels more B&Bs, must try madge Molloys restaurant in Coles Bay - fantastic food & service.

7. Re: cosy cabins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 19:27