Hope people can help me. My partner & I are going to Tasmania this Friday for 4 nights & neither of us have been there before. We are flying to Launceston & have the first 2 nights booked at Cradle Mountain Lodge, then driving to Coles Bay for the next 2 nights at Edge of the Bay Resort.
Just have a few questions, to make sure we make the most of our time but also that we're not being overly ambitious.
1) Our flight gets into Launceston around 5pm on Friday - we're hoping we can get to Cradle Mountain (driving) before it gets dark. Well, the majority of the journey anyway. Does it take much longer than 2-2.5 hours? And what time is it light 'til down there at the moment? I'm guessing/hoping around 8pm?
2) Any suggestions for best walks to do on Saturday from the lodge are welcome! As are recommendations on the food options. A few reviews seem to indicate the Lodge restaurant is disappointing.
3) How cold is it really?? hard to get info on this particular area - only the cities.
3) On Sunday, we will be driving from CM Lodge to Coles Bay. How long should we realistically expect this to take? And what is the best route to take?
4) Any suggestions for nice places to stop along the way welcome - food/wine/scenery/etc.
5) Must-dos while at Freycinet ... planning a Wineglass Bay walk but there seem to be a few. We will have the whole of Monday there too.
6) Any suggestions for the best way to spend our final day? We will check out of Edge of the Bay in the morning, and our flight from Launceston isn't until around 8pm. Are there other places (maybe up the coast) we should try to get to, or is it advisable to just make our way to Launceston (around 2 hours?) and explore Launceston for the afternoon?
Thanks in advance! Looking forward to finally seeing Tassie.