We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and VEG...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Food and VEG...

I got a question on food. I have read, and it seems everywhere's resturants, and well eating out is not a problem. But my cousin is a vegeterian and well I'm definetely NOT one..haha.. i like my seafood, and meat and well whatever nice food Tassie can offer me..:p

Just wondering, is it easy to get vegeterian food in the normal usual resturants/cafes around Tasmania? Or are we much limited in choice?? Oh, she does take eggs, cheese and the usual diary products though.

Thanks everyone for all the help so far in planning for my trip!! :)

Narooma, Australia
Level Contributor
977 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and VEG...

Most restaurants will have a token vegetarian dish on their menu. If you book you can always tell them that one of you is vegetarian and ask that they prepare something appropriate (f she eats eggs and dairy products, that task should be very easy!). You might look at vegetarian websites like happycow.net or vegetarianfood.com.au - the latter, for example, lists Sirens restaurant in Hobart as having vegetarian and meat/seafood menus.

kyogle, nsw
Level Contributor
600 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food and VEG...

I don't think you should have too much trouble. As vegetarian is such a part of life these days, most places would have some sort of veg meal available. During our last trip, Aug 08, we mostly had evening meals/lunches in pubs/hotels. By memory they all had veg meal on offer, as would cafe's etc. It is a Worldwide way of life thesse days.Should not be a worry.

Cheers

kyogle, nsw
Level Contributor
600 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food and VEG...

PS, another idea.

On the TA sight itself, check out under the heading More on Tasmania ( up on left side)-Restaurants, then check out restaurants in the regions you intend to travel to. It may help.

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food and VEG...

Oh great!! Thanks everyone.. I shall look it out on those sites.. :)

5. Re: Food and VEG...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 21:16