We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best itinerary for 7 days in Tasmania during Christmas time

tasmania
2 posts
Save Topic
best itinerary for 7 days in Tasmania during Christmas time

hi all,

my friend and me are taking our mums and my friend's 8 years old sister to tasmania from the 21/12/2009 until the 28/12/2009. we are flying to hobart and flying back from launceston and planning to travel by car.

after hours and hours of "googleing", i realized that i really need your help becuse it is the first time in tasmania for all of us, and we are really not sure about which places to visit (because all the places in tasmania look fantastic and if it was only possible we would like to visit all of them) and it would be very important for us to know where the best place to spend christmas is.

i would really appreciate any kind of suggestion.

thank you in advance,

sara

Kyogle, Australia
Level Contributor
600 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best itinerary for 7 days in Tasmania during Christmas time

Hi, I'll try to give you a few suggestions and hope that some of the locals respond to your query. You will travelling at the busiest time of the year for touirists. If you can indicate the type of things you may prefer to see, that would be of assistance to us to make suggestions. The East coast of Tassie is very popular at that time of year, so you would have to book accom now, but depending on where you intend to stay, could be difficult. I gather that there will be 5 of you in your travelling party! You could do a couple of day trips of out hobart and perhaps include some animal view that the 8yo would enjoy. Then either make your way to Launceston up the middle and visit the more historic towns, or go via the east coast which is more beachy and more ocean viewing, You could see the penguins at Bichino! . Even though it is summer, Tassie's weather can be changable every day, though the east coast would be warmer.

With regards to research, have you checked out www. discovertasmania.com.au. This is a great site for info on activities, accommodations etc. Are you interesting in nature walks, markets, looking at old things/buildings??? Xmas day may be hard to find somewhere to eat, so that day you may have to organise an activity where to take a picnic. Where are you travelling from?

Cheers for now.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,517 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best itinerary for 7 days in Tasmania during Christmas time

Flossy, This is a duplicate post. I've bumped the other one so it should be just below this.

3. Re: best itinerary for 7 days in Tasmania during Christmas time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2010, 05:36