We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westbury accommodation

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Westbury accommodation

We are looking at Westbury accommodation for sometime during our Tasmania trip.

We are tossing up between Westbury Gingerbread Cottages, Elm Wood Bed & Breakfast, Fitzpatricks Inn and Cluan Homestead.

Reviews for all except Elm Wood Bed & Breakfast cannot be found. Has anyone stayed at any of these accommodation?? Any recommendations?? :)

Cheers

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,977 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westbury accommodation

I have dined at Fitzpatrick's Inn and really enjoyed it, but I have not stayed there, sorry.

I have seen good reviews and comments on the accommodation at Fitzpatrick's and also Cluan.

Luigi

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westbury accommodation

Do you know where I can find these reviews/comments? :)

Kyogle, Australia
Level Contributor
600 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westbury accommodation

sorry for the delay in my comment.

We stayed at the gingerbread cottages during a trip 2 years ago. Fantastic. Very quaint, authentic, restored cottages. A few to select from depending on how many of you in group.

We had "The Gingerbread Cottage" for about $150 pnpc 2yrs ago. An amazing breakfast. Everything supplied,and I mean-everything (just as their website lists) including home baked bread delivered just after dinner the night before. Highly recommend.

Cheers

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westbury accommodation

Better late than never :-)

We have the gingerbread cottage booked and am pleased to hear it has gotten good reviews!!

Looking forward to checking out Andy's gelati shop when in town! :)

Geelong, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Westbury accommodation

I am currently sitting in the lounge of the Bakehouse at Westbury Gingerbread Cottages and can tell you right now that this is the most fabulous place to stay. John and Karen looked after us wonderfully and made us very welcome. The cottages have been very tastefully decorated, with some beautiful personal touches. Even the teddy bears in the upstairs sitting room, along with kids books and games is a fabulous touch.

Just fantastic - can't go past it!

Gayle

6. Re: Westbury accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2011, 04:17