We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salamanca market

asia
Level Contributor
156 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Salamanca market

Hi,

We will be visiting in November and due to our schedule we can only choose to visit Salamanca markets or give it a miss and head to Melbourne's Victoria market instead. So was wondering which would you choose to visit?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,899 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salamanca market

For atmosphere and quality, Salamanca is vastly better. Queen Victoria is much bigger, but of a remarkably consistent poor quality IMO.

But of course I'm biased!

Luigi

asia
Level Contributor
156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salamanca market

=) haha thanks Luigi for the quick reply. Salamanca does sound alot more attractive now!

will prob need more help soon as I've only just started planning; hope i'm not in over my head on this. Yipes!

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salamanca market

I would definately do Salamanca. The Vic Market is good for food, but otherwise once you have been up one lane, everything seems to be the same. Lots of cheap clothing and toys, etc. I'm sure others would argue with me, but I much prefered Salamanca, lots of lovely local crafts and produce.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,159 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salamanca market

Salamanca markets for sure :)

Tasmania
Level Contributor
444 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salamanca market

Salamanca - no competition.

Lani

asia
Level Contributor
156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Salamanca market

ok Salamanca it is!!

thanks for the input everyone =)

Hobart, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Salamanca market

Yep, agree all round. No competition.

melbourne victoria
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Salamanca market

i'd say tassies the best one less is more .its a must when you go to tassie.

9. Re: Salamanca market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2011, 06:22